Azure Pack

Do you have an idea or suggestion based on your experience with Azure Pack ? We would love to hear it! Please take a few minutes to submit your ideas about providing Azure technologies and services on-premises, or vote up an idea submitted by another customer. All of the feedback you share in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Microsoft engineering teams responsible for building Azure Pack. Remember that this site is only for feature suggestions and ideas!

For further reading on Azure Pack, please see our TechNet Documentation and our Wiki (links to articles and blogs). If you have technical questions or need help with Azure Pack, please try our Discussion Forum.

Follow what’s happening from Microsoft in the Cloud:
@Azure, @MSCloud, @InTheCloudMSFT

The latest on Azure Pack:
#WAPack

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Cloud Services

Add the ability to have Worker Roles in Azure Pack.
    In general, strive for feature parity with cloud based Azure. This gives companies a path to the cloud.
    Having a feature complete version of Azure that can be run in-house lets developers create Paas style applications that can still be run in private data centers. Then once everyone is comfortable, it can easily be moved to the cloud. Today its a huge leap to the cloud since some of the Paas style features (eg. Worker Roles) cannot run in a private data center. This requires completely different code depending on…

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Other Services Needed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure Pack Backup

Similar to azure backup for DPM but as a service that can be offered in Azure Pack so that customers can backup their data from DPM to the hosting providers Azure Pack service.

Also include an agent that can be installed directly onto a customer machine that can backup directly to the hosters backup portal (so that they are not bound to DPM in the case of smaller customers that may not require DPM).

Azure pack should offer offsite DPM cloud storage or offsite client cloud backup storage for client machines (e.g. protect bare metal, my documents, my pictures or…

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Other Services Needed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Azure Pack Team responded

Hi-

Thank you for the suggestion- we have no active investigation but when resources become available we will take a look at this scenario.

Thanks!

Kylie

3. Add all Azure services to Azure Pack

Azure Pack should bring a complete symmetry for on-promises private and partner clouds in regards to Azure public cloud.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Other Services Needed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That’s what we strive towards: a consistent experience! What would you say are the services you are most anxious to see come on-premises first?

4. Add Mobile Services to Azure Pack

I would really like to see Azure Mobile Services ported over to Azure Pack with an ASP.NET WEB API backend.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other Services Needed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Collaboration Suite

Merge WAP with Collaboration Suite (Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, etc)

WAP could be the web front end of all MS products. Why not?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other Services Needed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion. If this is important to you, please email me and I may be able to point you to helpful resources for this.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base