Dani Kuci shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Randall Theobald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of folks want to just try out a simple/express deployment PoC. For those (me) that are not already experts in Windows System management (Hyper-V, System Center, etc.) setting this up was a real chore. I especially got lost during the System Center VMM network setup, where you have to know all the various places to get "right" in order to get things to work. Perhaps a wizard approach would work. I just had a simple flat, DHCP-enabled network, but really struggled with it.

• Todd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are lots of blogs & articles. It would be valuable to have a single reference for 1) Setup of the base WAP architecture (step by step guide) and 2) separate docs to setup/customize IaaS, SQaaS, web sites. These should be the key reference docs that everyone uses to get started and they should be updated as WAP updates are shipped. Blogs, articles, etc. can complement these core documents.

Customers need a single point of reference to ensure consistency and supportability. The PLA docs are useful but a "WAP focused" document is really needed. Thanks!

• Menno Stevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the release of WAP2013, I had the impression that a lot of documentation was indeed published at RTM date (Oct 2013). However, also a lot of documentation actually explaining how things work only got published in Q1/Q2 2014. Maybe documentation release and product release should be more aligned.

Feedback and Knowledge Base