How can we improve Azure Pack?

Provide a Windows Authenitcation site for the Tenant Site

The tenants now authenticate against a SQL .Net Membership provider. An AD authentication site similar as for the Admin Site would fit certain scenario's where ADFS is not an option

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Marc van Eijk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Rupi Sureshkumar responded  · 

Thanks for the feedback, It’s great to see the comments with the different scenarios as well. We know this is important to some customers, and we are definitely looking into it!

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Yuri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, this would be very welcome option in the enterprise deployments.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we have written a sign in page for adfs and a signup page that creates new ad users as well.

adding an adfs server isn't that big a deal and we have it working for muliplte hosters using shared AD

• Matt Gutierrez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Tom most of my clients are using WAP as a private cloud (internal only) so not being able to use AD out of the box for tenants is always a bit of a sore subject.

• Samir FARHAT (MVP) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows Azure Pack was designed to be widely used (Enterprises and Service Providers). In a Service Provider case, the use of Active Directory is not an option. So i guess the WAP team has decided to make a general authentication method and then offer ADFS for whom desiring authentication via AD. The idea is good to offer this out-of-the-box, but we all know that WAP is a Windows Azure like (maybe using the same codes, no AD auth out-of-the-box) and a 1 year old indeed.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes -- we run AzurePack in an Enterprise. Every tennant is internal so why jump thru these ADFS hoops. Should be easy to add since Admin portal already has it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base