API Management

Microsoft Azure API Management is a turnkey solution for publishing APIs to external and internal consumers. Quickly create consistent and modern API gateways for existing backend services hosted anywhere, secure and protect them from abuse and overuse, and gain insights into usage and health. Plus, automate and scale developer onboarding to help get your API program up and running in no time.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. API Mgmt. policy management PowerShell module

The policies should be definable and manageable thru PowerShell. There should be a separate module for Azure API Mgmt. Policy Mgmt. An IT Pro shouldn't have to learn XML to manage these policies.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Policies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Edit Internal Email Templates

Please add the ability to edit the internal emails sent when users sign up.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. multipart form-data

you post that it's not supported. any timeframe on gaining support for this or why is it not supported already?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. API Management + Azure Functions: Custom Authorizers

Hi, guys are you fine?

I'm thinking to create an interceptor function but I didn't find this feature at azure functions/API Management.

at the AWS they have a native implementation called Custom Authorizers: "Custom Authorizers allow you to run an AWS Lambda Function before your targeted AWS Lambda Function. This is useful for Microservice Architectures or when you simply want to do some Authorization before running your business logic."

Do you know if is that possible in the future?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow multiple content sections

While editing layouts adding additional content sections would prove useful for designing pages since it would open more possibilities in aligning elements. It would help overall to determine what approach and design suits the user best.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support for conversion to SWIFT messaging proticol and vice versa

Customers in the banking industry are asking for this..

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Policies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Recover deleted blog posts and blogs from Git or by using Management API

Recover deleted blog posts and blogs from Git or by using Management API

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Integration with azure data catalog and event hubs - enable swagger definitions to be inherited by data stores and pipelines

Integration with azure data catalog and event hubs - enable swagger definitions to be inherited by data stores and pipelines

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [New Developer Portal] : Feedback widget

We want our partner (external users) to be able send feedback to us . At minimum we want to capture if it is positive/negative , description. It would be amazing if we can get information on the issues they are facing by having something similar to this https://www.npmjs.com/package/ng-feedback

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Manage Backends with Azure Portal

There doesn't seem to be a way to manage Backends with the Azure Portal. You must import a Function App to get the function app as a backend (or ARM Template and create the backend), but there's no way to manually hook up a Backend. There's also no way to clean out old backends.

Could we add a new item under API Management below APIs called Backends?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support AAD JWT token validation more directly using AAD metadata

There is currently a way to validate JWT tokens in the policies. This is great. However, it could be done better in the case the JWT tokens are issued by AAD. In that case one would like to give the tenant ID of AAD and the Application ID that is assigned to the API. This way the policy would automatically extract the valid certificate from AAD metadata (something like https://login.microsoftonline.com/38cda3b4-71fa-4748-a48e-e50ef1ebfe00/federationmetadata/2007-06/federationmetadata.xml).

That would prevent us from having to do this manually each time the global AAD certificate changes (next one is before mar 2019). It would be more in the…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Policies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to turn off Try it Now feature in Developer Portal or hide the button

We have a Sandbox environment that we want to link to the Try it Now feature in Developer Portal. Since our API creates, tenders, and tracks shipments, we do not want users to have the ability to actually do these things in production just to "try it out." We want to turn off the ability for users to "Try it Now" or else customize that button to hit our Sandbox environment. Coding out a bunch of mock responses is not feasible due to the number of errors/responses that could be returned based on what a user enters.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow API Management to respond during backend upgrades

Create a new management API endpoint that allows an API to be marked with the states as "being upgraded" and "in production". When an API is marked as "being upgraded" it should return a 503 status with a retry-after header instead of passing the request through.

This would allow client applications that know how to do retries be uninterrupted by backend upgrades.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Lifecycle  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow OAuth2.0/OpenID Connect Authentication when testing APIs through the Azure Portal.

Whenever an API requires OAuth2.0 or OpenID Connection authentication, through the Developer Portal you can authenticate at the defined STS. Yet, in the Azure Management Portal, when testing your API, this 'button' or feature is missing. To me, this renders the Test option useless, because all our APIs require OAuth...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability for Product Group Admins to have access to see the Publisher "Analytics" for their APIs/Products

We require the ability for specific admin users (Product Group Owners) from different groups to get access to see only their APIs/Products analytics via the Azure Portal/Publisher Portal Analytics section.

Currently the APIM Admin has visibility to all the APIs/Products Analytics (Publisher Portal) and is required to provide reports back to the specific Product owner.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Defining APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create apim vendor extension for swagger to import rewriteURL.

If APIM could import a swagger with an x-msapim-rewriteurl extension key on the operation, I could then provide something like and OData endpoint for GET /MyResource({Id}) as GET /MyResource/{Id}

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Defining APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable Log Analytics search REST API for government use

The log analytics search REST API is available for marketplace use but not government sites. We followed the documentation here thinking our logs could be searched using api.loganalytics.io: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/log-analytics/log-analytics-log-search-api. Expanding the API log search capability to government sites with an api.loganalytics.us option would be a useful feature for our company and potentially others. At the very least, the documentation should mention that government sites are not supported.

Closed Service Request # that this feature request is based on: 117101016472241

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Support for Node.js like APIGEE

I hope you would have seen other API tools like APIGEE. Just in case I have a local node. js application, I should be quickly upload into API management portal and act as a back end. This will help me to quickly complement any missing capabilities like support for MangoDB or ReDis or mem cache for caching instead of using default cache mechanism provided by default. Another use case that I can think of, is that I have some on prem data like stores and there location. Then I would like to have some of these data exported to user…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Miao Jiang responded

Hi Venkatesh,

Can you please elaborate more on what you would like to see in Azure API Management? If I understand correctly you’d like to be able to import your APIs written in Node.js into API Management with a easy solution?

19. REST API SDK (Java et al)

I might be missing it but I don't see a client SDK for the API Management REST API. Personally I want a Java version, but I'm sure others would want something different.

I'm doing things like delegating signup and need to do integrations like calling the create user API. Would be nice to have some of this pre-built.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add "API" to Import and Export on APIM Gateway context menu

I did not realize that Import/Export is for APIs. This is not intuitive. And when you click on that option, the title says “Import API” and ”Export API”. Can I make a strong recommendation to add “API” to the end of “Import” and “Export” on that context menu?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base