API Management

Microsoft Azure API Management is a turnkey solution for publishing APIs to external and internal consumers. Quickly create consistent and modern API gateways for existing backend services hosted anywhere, secure and protect them from abuse and overuse, and gain insights into usage and health. Plus, automate and scale developer onboarding to help get your API program up and running in no time.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. change machine hosts file

we publish a set of API exposed through internal services on AKS. Instead of using internal IP Address it would be great to use a sort of hosts file or point API management to a custom dns server so I can publish APIs with hostname and not the IP address.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Missing of test to check the configuration with Application Gateway

This documentation is very good. However, I feeling missing of a test set cast to valid the configuration with Application Gateway.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve APIM --> Function integration

store the function name that was imported and what end point operations where checked when imported. Then when a new version of the API is created, you can change the function name (would refresh end point operations), and then add/remove (if needed) operations by checkbox. Finally, if a new version of a function is uploaded, an event would fire off to rebuild all the API interfaces that have operations are pointing to it (like when importing) so it can keep in sync with the back end.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    need-feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base