API Management

Microsoft Azure API Management is a turnkey solution for publishing APIs to external and internal consumers. Quickly create consistent and modern API gateways for existing backend services hosted anywhere, secure and protect them from abuse and overuse, and gain insights into usage and health. Plus, automate and scale developer onboarding to help get your API program up and running in no time.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Service management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Extend billing API to consider fair use of reservations

My company uses a mix of reserved instances and pay-as-you go instances. I want a convenient way to evaluate how much it cost in a given month to operate a virtual machine. This convenient way should fairly distribute reserved instance usage among eligible machines.

Details:

With pay-as-you-go instances, you can pull monthly data that shows how much an instance cost to operate this month. The costs are a direct function of the delivered value. With reserved instances, you pay in advance and you may (or may not) use the reservation over the course of the years. Value stream (usage) and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Service management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base