API Management

Microsoft Azure API Management is a turnkey solution for publishing APIs to external and internal consumers. Quickly create consistent and modern API gateways for existing backend services hosted anywhere, secure and protect them from abuse and overuse, and gain insights into usage and health. Plus, automate and scale developer onboarding to help get your API program up and running in no time.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integration with Azure KeyVault

Currently, we store sensitive information in API Portal - Properties and use them as {{key}}

Provide integration of Azure KeyVault so that sensitive information can be stored in Azure KeyVault and allow using it inside API methods or policies like {{vault:key}}

By this feature, we will be able to centralize all the keys in the Azure KeyVault and use Properties only for non-sensitive information.

531 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  12 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Programmatically Import Azure Function into APIM

I've created an Azure DevOps release pipeline to update APIM API by importing a swagger file via PowerShell. The swagger file was exported from APIM Dev instance, and the release pipeline imports it into QA APIM instance. However, backend is wrong, and there are missing keys that prevent QA APIM API from calling QA Az Function API.

It all works if I manually import the QA Az Func API into QA APIM API via APIM UI... and keys are automagically generated for Az Func & APIM.

So I need a way to setup DevOps release pipeline to deploy a QA…

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integration with Azure Monitor

Microsoft recently released Azure Monitor service as a centralized service for monitoring Azure resources and creating alerts based on metrics.

Currently, I could not find API Management in the list of supported resources. It will be good to have API management supported in Azure Monitor Service.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide UI to manage Loggers

It would be useful to have UI for managing of loggers

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. REST API SDK (Java et al)

I might be missing it but I don't see a client SDK for the API Management REST API. Personally I want a Java version, but I'm sure others would want something different.

I'm doing things like delegating signup and need to do integrations like calling the create user API. Would be nice to have some of this pre-built.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base