Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

API Management

Microsoft Azure API Management is a turnkey solution for publishing APIs to external and internal consumers. Quickly create consistent and modern API gateways for existing backend services hosted anywhere, secure and protect them from abuse and overuse, and gain insights into usage and health. Plus, automate and scale developer onboarding to help get your API program up and running in no time.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automate API import from function app

As of now, as I can see we can I can import APIs from function app in APIM but this is not automated. It would be highly needed to have a task that will extract swagger from the Function app and import the same to APIM within pipelines.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate with vNet-isolated serverless AzFunctions

The consumption tier apimgmt should be capable of front-ending a vNet-isolated consumption tier azure functions.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Implement APIM EventHub channel for POST and PUT verbs

Integrate EventHub/ServiceBus channel similar to Azure Function outputs for post, put , delete verbs. ( do not confuse with eventhub logger policy ) It also similar to Heroku protocol conversion and request routing patterns

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Integration with azure data catalog and event hubs - enable swagger definitions to be inherited by data stores and pipelines

Integration with azure data catalog and event hubs - enable swagger definitions to be inherited by data stores and pipelines

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. REST API SDK (Java et al)

I might be missing it but I don't see a client SDK for the API Management REST API. Personally I want a Java version, but I'm sure others would want something different.

I'm doing things like delegating signup and need to do integrations like calling the create user API. Would be nice to have some of this pre-built.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update operation on APIM should check for existence and perform update instead of overriding

I tried to add new headers to one of the existing API Operations using Rest API. However, what I found out is whenever, I complete the request, the headers are getting updated but all other details in API operation are getting removed like API requests and responses or query params. I tried the same using Powershell Az module also and found the same behavior.

The same is the behavior with every other APIM rest api. It will always override the information.

Instead of overriding, updating the information while preserving the existing info would help.

API I used:
    PATCH https://management.azure.com/subscriptions/<subId>/resourceGroups/<RG>/providers/Microsoft.ApiManagement/service/<APIMName>/apis/<API…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enhance fault tolerance to downstream diagnostic / event sinks

To add fault tolerance when sending messages to Event Hub (as defined within a policy expression). The idea would be to store messages in some sort of local queue within the APIM product so that if Event Hub is down, when it is brought back up, the queued messages will then get forwarded in the order they arrived in the internal queue.
    This would be done also for Log Analytics and storage (as specified in the destinations within diagnositc settings)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. APIM integration with AKS

A seamless integration of APIM with the AKS Cluster. The process now in place seems complicated and needs to go through trial/error to get it done.
    Moreover the APIM fails to recognize the swagger definition as the APIs exposed via AKS load-balancer is internal. Azure DevOps though creates the APIM service but fails to map it to the AKS ILB.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Same logic apps name but in different resource group problem

When setting up backend resource to logic apps, when we have two logic apps with same name but in different resource group and if we choose the second logic app, it links to first one. This is very annoying because the logic app is always getting selected from top in the list.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Base an API revision off a git branch

This may be possible I'm not sure but it would be useful if you could add a revision to an API or the entire API management and have it based of a branch in the git repository. This would allow a side by side API based on your staged changes and allow you to test in a blue/green scenario. Once the API is tested if you could make it public.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. import function app deployment slot to api management

import function app deployment slot to API management

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base