How can we improve Azure API Management?

Azure BizTalk Services Support

Would live to sit API Management in front of Azure BizTalk Services. Essentially being able to expose a MABS Bridge as an API and have the API Manager manage interactions between mobile clients and BizTalk Services.

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
kent weare shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • kent weare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the insight guys - aligns with some of the things I was thinking about. I do see the need for some 'composite' APIs and a way of orchestrating some of these API calls may be through a bridge or workflow layer. I also can see situation where you want to involve other SaaS APIs and want to leverage a BizTalk Services/Server Adapter in order to facilitate this connectivity. Some examples could be SalesForce, Workday, ServiceNow, NetSuite etc

• Steef-Jan Wiggers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that managing endpoints tight into MABS processing solutions (i.e. bridges) would increase the level of maturity. Like Mike says it simplies migration, it supports versioning, improve supportability. Good point!

• Mike Stephenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i completely agree. As an integration architect i would prefer any endpoint i expose to the cloud via biztalk or biztalk services to go through API Management as this gives me a stronger story for monitoring and security and also a consistent approach for all API's

I think BTS can be a good choice for the API back end (in certain use cases) whether it be server, services or the new workflow stuff announced at last years integration summit, the abstraction provided by API Management means i can migrate from server to services and use both in combination without my service client being aware

Feedback and Knowledge Base