How can we improve Azure API Management?

New API Management developer portal

We are working on a new, open-source developer portal offering in Azure API Management, based on our own fork of the Paperbits framework (paperbits.io). It has a modern default look and feel, and is optimized for:

- Customization, styling, and authoring through a built-in visual editor

- Programmatic access through APIs for automating development, management, and deployment

- Extension of the provided core functionality

362 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminAzure API Management Team (none of your business, Microsoft Azure) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mohammed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,Is is possible in the new developer portal that user can view APIs/ documentation etc only after signing in ?

• Peter Anania commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know whether this is a legitimate feature request, or if it's just a lack on knowledge on my behalf, so I apologize in advance if I ask for something that already exists.

Right now you can add a widget to the whole portal or edit a template for an individual screen. The data model for each screen is unique to that screen.

I need to be able to either, add widgets to individual screens only or access the data models in other screens.

The issue I'm trying to solve is (as an example) I want to be able to customize the the API list based on whether or not the logged in user is internal or external.

• Ilya Belkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please include a language toggle along with the capability to edit translations for navigation labels/emails? In Canada having English and French translation is often a requirement.

• Ilya Belkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please also include a language toggle along with the capability to edit translations? In Canada having English and French translation is often a requirement.

• Alexander Deane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This topic is old and no one posted an answer for some reason. If anyone still wants to know, you can accomplish this by uploading your favicon image to the publisher portal media library and putting this JS script in any one of your widgets (I put it in header since it persists for all of my pages):

<!--Set Favicon-->
    <script>
    (function() {
    var link = document.createElement('link');
    link.type = 'image/x-icon';
    link.rel = 'shortcut icon';
    link.href = '<put url to img that can be found by clicking on your favicon img in media library, right clicking the link -> copy link address ';
    document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(link);
    }());
    </script>

• Paul Appasamy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful if the Console/Try It screen has a template similar to Operations. We would like to i) mask any internal URLs that show up on this screen, ii) possibly hide the host name section altogether and, iii) force a specific URL to be used (when there are multiple custom domains)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have noted down the Subscription key and i can give to external users to enter manually. So i need to hide this section in Developer portal operation console page

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More customisability in elements such as:
    - buttons - border-radius, box-shadow property
    - layout - fill/stretch screen
    - defined/customized link colors for different divs

• Glen Colby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can this get any love? We want our documentation behind a login due to business rules and cannot do something as simple as set up viewing rules based on role?

• Cristina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to have the option of applying the layer rules for authenticated and not authenticated users (as for widgets) also to the home page (with default api portal url) or other pages which are defined in the 'Content' section.
    Thank you!

• Bangwei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've raised this to the API management team in regards to turning off the Issues feature. As discussed with them, the issue feature's upload function can pose as a security risk. They are looking into introducing a feature such as this at this moment for anyone who share this problem.

• Ngo Bang Wei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea. We are running some vulnerability testing and the test team found that they can potentially upload malicious files via the Report Issue page. Hiding this from the main navigation serves little to resolve this concern.

Side note, how does Microsoft protect from such incident?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base