How can we improve Azure API Management?

Programmatically Import Azure Function into APIM

I've created an Azure DevOps release pipeline to update APIM API by importing a swagger file via PowerShell. The swagger file was exported from APIM Dev instance, and the release pipeline imports it into QA APIM instance. However, backend is wrong, and there are missing keys that prevent QA APIM API from calling QA Az Function API.

It all works if I manually import the QA Az Func API into QA APIM API via APIM UI... and keys are automagically generated for Az Func & APIM.

So I need a way to setup DevOps release pipeline to deploy a QA Az Func API into a QA APIM API. I could not find any programmatic way (REST API, PowerShell, nor Az CLI) to import an Az Func API into APIM.

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alexei Barnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's crazy that this hasn't been implemented. We're using Azure v2 Function Apps which we want to use in API Management. We've got a microservice architecture so we've got multiple function apps we'd like to put behind API Management. These services are versioned and deployed independently. Each of these services has fully automated builds and deployment from source. Surely this is the most typical scenario that you'd want to support automatic integration with API Management? In addition, the V2 function app runtime _still_ doesn't allow OpenAPI export for dotnet core.

As it stands, instead, we're going to have to hand write OpenAPI specs for every service and do a lot of work to figure out the deployment of API management. Likley we won't be able to use our existing tooling (terraform) for several of the integration points.

It's these kinds of pain points that make me unhappy with using Azure.

• Hemanth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, is this issue resolved, i would like to know the implementation and add few points.

Feedback and Knowledge Base