How can we improve Azure API Management?

Allow disabling/stopping of API Management during evaluation to preserve subscription credits

I am evaluating API Management using Visual Studio Subscription credits. The credits are depleted even when I am not testing API Management and are likely to be exhausted before I have completed evaluation. This is both frustrating and prevents me from completing my evaluation. Other API Management providers such as apigee provide a superior evaluation experience.

This issue has already been raised before and the answer is not satisfactory
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f4522315-fd3b-4129-b758-e74b22d74145/how-can-i-quotdisablequot-but-not-delete-an-api-management-service?forum=azureapimgmt

69 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Matt Best shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will quicky add services like SQL Database, or even Web Sites or Mobile Services.
    Even if this means unprovisionning / reprovisionning behind (with longer duration), we should still have:
    - all the configuration stored
    - all the public adresses (like subdomains) still reserved (even if that will cost "a bit")

• Sam Vanhoutte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every service that costs money because of compute resources should be stoppable / suspendable by default. This should be a minimum release criteria for every Azure service.
    For example: Azure API Management and BizTalk Services instances. While there are relatively cheap dev-instances, they still consume a lot of resource, even when not using them. Allowing them to be stopped and deallocated would save a lot of costs for developers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base