How can we improve Azure API Management?

Hiding operations in developer portal

This is a duplicate but the original suggestion was closed as Completed.

I would like to hide operations in the developer portal but still expose them through the proxy.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Sebastian Rösch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jacques commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any feedback on this. I have some internal controllers I only use in logic apps and then I have some controllers exposed to companies.
    I do not want the internal controllers to show on the management portal.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A scenario that I think a feature would be useful is for role based access on operations, where we can hide operations based on the user's role.

Whilst we can currently effectively reject a request based on a user's groups through a custom Policy on an operation, the user can still see the operation in the developer portal.

With the current options available APIM , the only way I can think of doing this kind of behaviour is to create and maintain two separate API definitions and restrict access via product. This has some maintenance overheads.

• Joel Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

some operations in an API are external facing and some are not meant to be. I would like to filter those non-external operations from showing up in the developers portal. Ideally, visibility could be changed by group membership.

Feedback and Knowledge Base