Provide built in policies to authenticate Azure Rest APIs.
It is very complicate to make use of any Azure REST APIs since the authentication headers are complex to create.
Useful cases would be :
- Azure Storage Authentication https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dd179428.aspx
- Azure Resource Manager Authentication
I assume you are exposing storage and ARM APIs via API Management. Can you share your scenarios? What other Azure APIs do you plan to expose this way?
Scenarios would be the following
1. (for Azure Storage Accounts) Create azure tables as staging area for customers. Expose these tables as rest services via API management. Reason for doing so would be simplicity of use for developers, discoverability, usage tracking and potential ability to keep interface stable and change backend
2. API Management REST API: Publish a subset for relevance, simplicity of use and discoverability. Use would be to automate publication of some services
3. ARM Rest API: Publish a subset of them for relevance, simplicity of use and discoverability. Use would be to automate extraction of selected resource definitions