How can we improve Azure API Management?

Expose API Management Events

Expose events from API Management.

Example would be, a user registers. Currently we get an email. It would be nice if it was an event we could subscribe to (WebHook or API Call or Service Bus message.. etc) so that we could use the user registration as the start of a workflow.
Another example would be if a user requests a Product, having an event we could leverage things like PowerApp/Flow/Logic App to start an approval process or setup their development environment.

Simple Event list that would have the most value:
-User Created
-User Requested Subscription
-Issue Created

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Paul Kirkpatrick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Jeroen de Sitter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I update an API and add release notes I want all subscribers to a product containing that API to receive an email notification.

• Oliver Tomlinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once again, when is development going to start on this? being able to automate the creation and teardown of back-end resources in relation to API events is a must!

• Oliver Tomlinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When a user signs up I want to receive an event, such that I can create an accompanying resource/s in my back-end domain

When a user subscribes to a product I want to receive an event, such that I can create an accompanying resource/s in my back-end domain.

When a user cancels a subscription I want to receive an event, such that I can tear-down resources in my back-end domain.

How do I want to receive the event?

Easiest would be for me to receive HTTP webhooks from API-M, but I'd be okay with anything, A service bus queue, EventHub etc

• Wally Shirey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this notion. We do not wish to provide sign up/in delegation, but rather receive those events as webhook notifications so that we can use the UserID as foreign key into our own databases.

Feedback and Knowledge Base