API Management

Microsoft Azure API Management is a turnkey solution for publishing APIs to external and internal consumers. Quickly create consistent and modern API gateways for existing backend services hosted anywhere, secure and protect them from abuse and overuse, and gain insights into usage and health. Plus, automate and scale developer onboarding to help get your API program up and running in no time.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reduce min renewal-period in qouta/call rate policy from 3600 second to 60

In our application we have 3 products:
    bigcompany
    smallcompany
    freelancer

We know that freelancer can't make more that 20 actions per minute. It's physical limitation. If we can define that was 50-70 actions per minute for us it means that freelancer is not alone and he is cheating. We want limit such type of behaviour, but quota less than 3600 second is not valid .

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Policies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Time zone support

It seems that only the developer portal is time zone aware. The api management part not. I noticed this by email notifications that were sent with a different time zone than what I configured in the developer portal setting.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add support for apiblueprint in Api Management

I think you should try to support apiblueprint.org format for API management specification beyond WSDL and Swagger.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Defining APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for parameters in API prefix

Let's say I have root like api.com/trees/{tree-name}. I'd like to have an ability to create Branches API with api.com/trees/{tree-name}/branches/. The only option right now is to keep tree-name in a query.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Defining APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Josh Twist responded

Hi Dmitry, thanks for providing this feedback. Can you help me understand why you’d like this additional feature? Be great to understand why this would improve the product for you.

5. different endpoint for an operation based on product

Would be nice to have the option to define a different endpoint to different products. This will allow to define a 'test' and 'live' products that works with different environments. While at the same time the developers keys, examples, etc are all in one place.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Defining APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support multiple APIs in Swagger import

When importing a swagger file (created using SwashBuckle Nuget for WebAPI) with multiple APIs I get an error saying unable to Parse. Here's what my server currently returns:
    {"swaggerVersion":"1.2","apiVersion":"1.0","apis":[{"path":"/BookingApiController"},{"path":"/CourseController"},{"path":"/QueryApiController"},{"path":"/ReservationController"},{"path":"/ReviewApiController"},{"path":"/SearchController"},{"path":"/UserApiController"}]}

then it should go through each of those to get the actual methods. I assume this is proper Swagger (I'm using SwashBuckle NuGet to generate these from my WebApi project). But the Import API function doesn't seem to handle this format. It works if I paste in just one of the controllers, but then I only get that part of the API.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Defining APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hide request parameters in analytics

I'd rather not store any data coming into my API management, it's just a pass through recording which users are calling the API. I suppose maybe I could move the parameters to the body, but it would be nice if there was an option not to store parameter values. Azure is secure and all, but it would be nice to say, we can't store or look up any data.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 18 19 20 22 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base