Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

API Management

Microsoft Azure API Management is a turnkey solution for publishing APIs to external and internal consumers. Quickly create consistent and modern API gateways for existing backend services hosted anywhere, secure and protect them from abuse and overuse, and gain insights into usage and health. Plus, automate and scale developer onboarding to help get your API program up and running in no time.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. <cache-lookup-value/> on a miss does not set variable.

According to documentation if <cache-lookup-value/> results in a cache miss and default-value is omitted it should add variable with null value.

Currently policy is not adding variable with null value.

Change functionality or documentation.

Documentation issue: https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/75289

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Policies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support producing elements with namespace by json-to-xml policy.

Now, json-to-xml policy doesn't support producing elements with namespaces. The formats that can be converted are very limited now.
    It's better if this policy support producing elements with namespace.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add community widget into standard APIM developer Portal

Hi,

generally, documentation is an important feature in Developer Portal.
    Most of APIM provide nice documentation capabilities and adding in the default Azure APIM portal the following community widget could already provide some advance documentation capabilities, using a Azure storage as source.
    Better documantion integration, versioning, maintenance

https://github.com/Azure/api-management-developer-portal/tree/master/community/widgets/document-details

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Developer portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Replace all function in API Endpoints

Currently we have an issue where a WSDL is not correctly translated.
    This requires a minor change in the policy, however we need to do this for every endpoint. Would be nice since the change is equal to all to have a Replace all function.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Defining APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow to import OpenAPI document with remote references

As per currently known API importing issues, $ref pointers from the OpenAPI specification can't reference external files. However, it could be a crucial feature to standardize APIs across an organization. As is we can certainly make it a local reference but it enforces duplication and becomes difficult to manage length OpenAPI documents. Hence please allow to import OpenAPI documents with remote references.

Known import issue reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/api-management/api-management-api-import-restrictions

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. moroccan hash for sale

Moroccan Primer Hash contains 10g of essential hemp oil. Moroccan Primer Hash is 100% natural hash product, with medical benefits with a low and high THC depending on clients request 3−14% THC is the range.
    moroccan hash for sale
    moroccan black hash
    moroccan hash uk
    moroccan hash pipe
    moroccan hash plant
    how to make moroccan hash
    melange moroccan hash
    moroccan vs lebanese hash
    real hashish for sale
    moroccan vs lebanese hash
    moroccan hashish pipes
    black hash for sale
    moroccan hashish
    hashish for sale
    how to make moroccan hash
    jamaican red gum hash

https://dankpluguk.com/product-category/hash-for-sale-online-uk/

https://www.dankrevolutionstore.com/product/buy-moroccan-primer-hash-online-eu/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Developer portal fully automated

Make developer portal fully automatable. Currently there is no API available for any of the portal artifacts. Git configuration is the only option but it doesn’t cover artifacts created via CMS UI.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. APIM: Add AAD groups using Microsoft Graph permission

Currently to add AAD Group in APIM, we need using the Azure Active Directory Graph Permission for authorizing developer accounts using AAD. As per azure announcement it is mentioned that this library is on deprecation path so we are asking considering enabling the Microsoft Graph library that is replacing the Azure Active Directory Graph.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Keep track of mail send by APIM

Today it is impossible to had a "guarantee" that APIM send an email to users, we could only get those emails in BCC. But this is not enough due that if APIM mail system failed for any reason, no one receive email and Azure support team can't help on that today.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Increase Consumption tier, policy document size (currently is limited to 16 KiB)

We are nearing go live and we hit the base policy document limit. It is very limiting for the consumption tier.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Expose the code base of inbuilt methods in Azure APIM Policy expression

I was using the policies on Azure APIM, and was trying to use the Decrypt method which listed as a method to be used(I was using the AES).

Yet, it was not working as planned, and there is no documentation or sample on how to use the method(except than the method definition online).

I had to create a Microsoft ticket to be able to debug and know how to use this method properly for decryption.

A support engineer mentioned that the code base for the methods allowed in APIM are on a Git repod, but those are unfortunately private to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to receive a notification when my APIM instance is updated

Using https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/azure-api-management-update-june-2020/ as an example, I would like to receive a notification when my APIM instance has been updated instead of blindly checking in the days/weeks after the update has been released.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow authentication-basic in the send-request policy

We often have the case the we need to secure our external calls with basic auth.

We do something like this:

<send-request ignore-error="false" timeout="20" response-variable-name="passwordResponse" mode="new">
    <set-url>XXXXXXXXXX</set-url>
    <set-method>POST</set-method>
    <set-header name="Authorization" exists-action="override">
    <value>Basic XXXXX=</value>
    </set-header>
    </send-request>

What we would need ist something like this:

<send-request ignore-error="false" timeout="20" response-variable-name="passwordResponse" mode="new">
    <set-url>XXXXXXXXXX</set-url>
    <set-method>POST</set-method>
    <authentication-basic username="username" password="password" />
    </send-request>

Ofcourse we would extract the password out of our key vault.

regards
    Stefan

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. assign Internal IP to APIM

We have an APIM with an InternalVnet configuration.

Currently we are testing Disaster Recovery Solutions and one pain point is the automatic assigned internal IP address.

Each time we redeploy the APIM to test the DRS we need to create a change for the DNS and have more dependencies than needed to recover our solution

Please make the Internal IP adjustable to enable fixed values assigned by us

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. developer type integer

When I try the APIs in the Developer Portal, I expect - as in Swagger - that the user input will be validated before sending the request to the APIs.

Right now, for example, if a field is defined as Integer I can type and send any string.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bypass single endpoint within API with required subscription

I have an API with required subscription and I would like to take this restriction down to a single endpoint. So eveything else still would be protected via Subscription, except this one single endpoint.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How do I Publish developer portal changes from one apim instance to other?

As per the new developer portal feature, you can make changes to APIM layout and publish to APIM repository, the same repository you can clone to your local machine using git clone but we don't have a feature where in we want to publish our developer portal changes to one API management instance to other API management instance.

e.g.:
    I have 2 instance : dev-01-apim, tst-01-apim
    I am making changes to dev-01 instance of developer portal ..after all my changes now I want to move those changes to my test instance of pain.

how do I do that ?.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Developer portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Notification APIM OCP-KEY is ready for use after creation

When creating a user and its subscription via REST api an ocp-key for the subscriber can also be generated. However despite the ocp-key is created, it is not immediately available for use to call a function on apim with this key and the REST api routine needs to wait (I've successfully tested thread.sleep) for ~10-60 seconds: if the routine does not wait a 401 forbidden is returned. The suggestions here is to get a notification/callback when the ocp-key is ready and available for use, otherwise we're guessing how long we need to wait to use this key. Microsoft support can…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Standardize API Management responses

Make API Management returned responses in line with Problem Details: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7807

Right now ASP.NET MVC support returning Problem Details as of 2.2 version of .NET Core: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/release-notes/aspnetcore-2.2?view=aspnetcore-2.2#problem-details-support

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Self-hosted API Management gateway to Basic and Standard pricing tiers

Please consider adding the self hosted API Management gateways to the basic and standard tiers. At a minimum at least three instances for HA purposes.

The argument for this is that you will drive up the adoption of Azure APIM and generate considerable Azure consumption through the take up.

Alternatively please consider a per gateway pricing option to cover any additional overheads.

89 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base