API Management

Microsoft Azure API Management is a turnkey solution for publishing APIs to external and internal consumers. Quickly create consistent and modern API gateways for existing backend services hosted anywhere, secure and protect them from abuse and overuse, and gain insights into usage and health. Plus, automate and scale developer onboarding to help get your API program up and running in no time.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like to receive a notification when my APIM instance is updated

Using https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/azure-api-management-update-june-2020/ as an example, I would like to receive a notification when my APIM instance has been updated instead of blindly checking in the days/weeks after the update has been released.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Logic App backends in ARM Templates able to be selected like in Portal

When setting up an APIM API and a backend in the portal, we are able to select a Logic App using an experience to find the logic app and the sub-resource. Then a radio button for Azure Logic App resource is selected with the name of the logic app and sub-resource. However, in an ARM template, this is impossible. Setting up the backend to point to the resourceId of the logic and deploying defaults this backend policy to HTTP and does not work unless fixed manually in the portal. Here is the snippet of the ARM template:

{

"type": "Microsoft.ApiManagement/service/backends",
    10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Generate a preview of the notification template.

Add support to generate a preview of the notification template.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Disable option for default developer portal...

If developer portal can be self-hosted that it can be and this is a really good experience, so default developer portals should be set as disabled.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. az commands for adding custom domain in apim

az commands for adding custom domain in apim

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. API Management Apply Virtual Network Configuration Azure FrontEnd UI Bug

Hi,

When updating the API Management instance virtual network configuration through REST API/Azure Portal and then applying the virtual network configuration through REST API/Azure Portal, even after the service takes 15-45 minutes to update and then again 15-45 minutes for applying VNET configuration, when navigating to the Azure Portal i can still see pending VNET configuration as the "Apply VNET Configuration" button is not disabled. Even though when checking the Activity log the service was updated successfully and apply configuration was also successfully completed.

If possible can we add a feature to check when the last Network configuration update was…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. disable obsolete versions of API. How to define a strategy

As we move forward in building API lot of obsolete functionality needs to be disabled and allow application teams to use the latest version of API. How to achieve removing old API versions and keeping only last 3 versions. Identify teams using older API and notify them of support related risk

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. API Data Streaming while calling backend

We have a need to call a backend document API which may return large documents (200 - 500 MB). Can we have a feature of data streaming enabled. Also, this can run longer than the current timeout limit of 240 seconds.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. GatewayUrl in Azure Portal UI and REST Api differ

We have decided to go all in when it comes to ARM Templating, and our goal is to depend on as few parameters as possible and instead retrieve as may information from the system settings as possible.

While creating ARM Templates for Api Management I discovered that what i did see on my Azure Portal in Api Management Service in the Gateway Url property was not the value to be found when retrieving it using my ARM Template. Trying to figure out what happens i did a REST Api lookup and to my big surprise GatewayUrl via REST Api and…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. API Management Analytics blade sorting ability

1. Allow the Analytics Blade to be able to sort a column. The grid currently cannot be sorted by clicking on a column.

2. Add a search box to search through the data in the grid.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Limit call rate by key in the Consumption tier

The rate-limit-by-key policy prevents API usage spikes on a per key basis by limiting the call rate to a specified number per a specified time period. This is really important feature of api managament and it's not available in Consumption tier.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add "Subscription count limit" feature for subscriptions without a user

Right now, the "Subscription count limit" under Product -> Settings applies to the number of subscriptions without a user too. This should not be the case, the number of subscriptions you can create from the Azure Portal, without being assigned to a user, should not be limited to the "Subscription count limit". I understand that this limitation is by design and that currently, this limit applies to a user/product combination. However, subscriptions that have a "null" username should be exempt from this limit. I would suggest having a separate configurable limit here for non-user subscriptions or configuring this number to…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Disable the Developer portal

Could you please provide a feature to disable the Developer portal (a feature to hide the login page) for users who do not use the developer portal.
    -The feature to disable the Developer portal
    -The feature to restrict access to Developer portal by IP address
    etc.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Azure API Management - UI/html files not present in Git - These files should be saved in Git to automate CI/CD process

We are having one issue in Azure API Management Portal. We have created clone from APIM Publisher portal by using the instructions given in publisher portal.

however we don't see the html changes which we have made in developer portal/publisher portal in Git repository.

We can see few folders like APIs, Products etc. and in these folders we can see only configuration file and description file(html) however we don't find the html changes which we have made in developer portal.

When we have to move html changes from one environment to another (Development environment to QA environment), we have to…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. APIM should be able to access open api definition using internal domain.

Our services are deployed on AKS, and we have our APIM on the same virtual network. Now APIM can use our internal domain to reach our services. Each of our services have an endpoint where we expose our swagger definition (swagger.json file). When we try to create an API using our the accessible endpoint (internal), it doesn't find it. Why it's not possible although APIM belongs to the same network?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. APIM Publisher Portal link is broken

On the blade for APIM, the "Publisher Portal" link no longer brings up the Publisher Portal as of 20190911. It now brings up the non-GA Developer Portal. Please restore the previous functionality, or provide another means to access the trend information.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    triaged  ·  2 comments  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I have done all the setting and jwt token validation is working fine. How i can access same token in angular application

I am using MSAL for angular to get the token and passing same token to api management, which is not working.

Individually both are working fine, But i am retrieving token from AAD in angular and passing same to API management Instance , which is not accepted by APIM(Oauth2), Please suggest here

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Analytics of API Management should include statistics from Self-hosted API Management gateway also

Analytics of API Management currently does not include the statistics from Self-hosted API Management Gateway.

This will be a key feature to understand the usage of the self-hosted gateways.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create product tags on portal

Tags are able to be added to a variety of API Management resources including service, apis, operations, and products. Tags can be added via ARM, REST, or the Azure portal for each of these resources. For products, tags can only be added via ARM or REST and users are unable to add them via the Azure portal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base