API Management

Microsoft Azure API Management is a turnkey solution for publishing APIs to external and internal consumers. Quickly create consistent and modern API gateways for existing backend services hosted anywhere, secure and protect them from abuse and overuse, and gain insights into usage and health. Plus, automate and scale developer onboarding to help get your API program up and running in no time.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide linking Azure Function App with API Management capability through Azure CLI/Powershell scripts

Hi,

Over the portal, there is an option to link Function App with API Management. This seamlessly imports function app into APIM. However to achieve the same in Azure CLI, lot of work to be done using az apim api commands (create api, create operations etc.). Instead, provide an import capable commands which does the same we do over portal.

Related discussion is captured here:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/226573/link-existing-function-app-with-apim-using-azure-c.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide linking Azure Function App with API Management through Azure CLI/Powershell scripts

Hi,

Over the portal, there is an option to link Function App with API Management. This seamlessly imports function app into APIM. However to achieve the same in Azure CLI, lot of work to be done using az apim api commands (create api, create operations etc.). Instead, provide an import capable commands which does the same we do over portal.

Related discussion is captured here:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/226573/link-existing-function-app-with-apim-using-azure-c.html

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export APIM analytics table data to spreadsheet

We need to download the APIM analytics table data to spreadsheet file, but it seems currently it is not supported.

Can we add feature to export APIM analytics table data (refer to attached image file) to spreadsheet file?

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow to import OpenAPI document with remote references

As per currently known API importing issues, $ref pointers from the OpenAPI specification can't reference external files. However, it could be a crucial feature to standardize APIs across an organization. As is we can certainly make it a local reference but it enforces duplication and becomes difficult to manage length OpenAPI documents. Hence please allow to import OpenAPI documents with remote references.

Known import issue reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/api-management/api-management-api-import-restrictions

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow to import OpenAPI document with remote references

As per currently known API importing issues, $ref pointers from the OpenAPI specification can't reference external files. However, it could be a crucial feature to standardize APIs across an organization. As is we can certainly make it a local reference but it enforces duplication and becomes difficult to manage length OpenAPI documents. Hence please allow to import OpenAPI documents with remote references.

Known import issue reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/api-management/api-management-api-import-restrictions

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow to import OpenAPI document with remote references

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow to import OpenAPI document with remote references

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Proactive check after APIM upgrade to trigger a rollback if neccesary

In a service like APIM, it's important do a proactive check after APIM upgrade to trigger a rollback if neccesary

in the upgrade of Oct 23, 2020 we have impact in our API's for 3 day until the rollback was done.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. API label consistency and search functionality

If you start typing characters into the search box, the list of APIs in the tree is reduced to only show APIs that contain the search term. But the search is quite misleading - the search result isn't matching against what the user sees in the API tree.

If I have APIs named CustomerAccount and CustomerProfile and I start by typing "customer" in the search box, then I see both APIs. Which is expected.

But if I hit 'p' and the term is now 'customerp', no results come back! Why can't I see CustomerProfile?

The reason it seems is that…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Api Url Suffix Validation Too Strict in Portal

When using APIM API URL Suffix Validation (".well-known") through Portal, a generic error is thrown.

Universal Links is common to Apple Mobile development, and you MUST host the file at <domain name>/.well-known/apple-app-site-association. It cannot be nested under further paths.

If the 2019-01-01 Azure RM API is called directly, ".well-known" works fine as the Path, so this is only an issue today with the portal and also in terraform. This may be a regression in the latest 2019-12-01 API.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. WCF mutual authentication in APIM

Currently, WCF client is able to access backend SOAP API.

However, APIM currently does not have any built-in support for WCF based mutual authentication/message security. APIM has the ability to attach a client certificate to the HTTP request that is sent to the backend, but WCF clients add some additional body elements that the WCF backend expects, which APIM does not do.

Hope the WCF based mutual authentication could be integrated better in the APIM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow tracing on subscription tab for API Management

According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/api-management/api-management-howto-api-inspector#trace-a-call I need the Allow Tracing option to be true in order to run an inspector trace. If I go to my API Management instance, under Subscriptions, this is where I will see Allow tracing. However, the only way to change this for subscriptions created on the developer portal or subscriptions created without this option, is to make a rest call such as demonstrated here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/apimanagement/2019-12-01/subscription/update

Could we please make a change to the portal to allow our users to toggle this Allow Tracing option or give them some way to change it in the portal without REST…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Return password with user object in ARM-based REST API

I am using REST API to get a list of users who signed up on the developer portal.

I implemented this logic by using ARM-based REST API, I found this document for archive this,
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/apimanagement/2019-12-01/user/listbyservice

But, by using this API it does not return the password of the registered user, so If I want to use these users in my other application then without a password I cannot use, please provide a password as well with user properties in response.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Notification APIM OCP-KEY is ready for use after creation

When creating a user and its subscription via REST api an ocp-key for the subscriber can also be generated. However despite the ocp-key is created, it is not immediately available for use to call a function on apim with this key and the REST api routine needs to wait (I've successfully tested thread.sleep) for ~10-60 seconds: if the routine does not wait a 401 forbidden is returned. The suggestions here is to get a notification/callback when the ocp-key is ready and available for use, otherwise we're guessing how long we need to wait to use this key. Microsoft support can…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Set Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key at inbound policy level

I would like to set Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key at inbound policy level to be able to retrieve Ocp-Apim-Trace-Location without sending Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key from the client.

we are using jwt token authentication so we don´t have Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key as mandatory, actually we would like to return Ocp-Apim-Trace-Location for our dev and qa environments, that´s why I want to add Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key header at policy level and not modify our existing apis.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. API returns with upper characters even though the resource group name is lower characters

I am trying to hit API which is in hostgroup using powershell and in the response you are able to see the resource group name in upper case but I have defined it in lower case. How can I get the response with the defined one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove APIM Developer Tier 1000 entities limitation

APIM Developer Tier has limitation on 1000 entities, we suggest to remove this limitation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. APIM out of the box integrated with Paypal Subscriptions

APIM is a really good product, however, it could be heavily enhanced with out of the box integration with payment processors such as paypal subscriptions.
    This would allow anyone to easily create monetizable APIs

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 5 Rules For API Management

These five rules are by no means the final say on API management, but they do provide context for the overall market:
    1. Design. Make the APIs accessible to different classes of developers and partners. ...
    2. Documentation. To make APIs accessible, offer documentation and communication tools to make it easy to create and manage the applications built on the API itself. ...
    3. Analytics. ...
    4. Universal Access. ...
    5. Uptime.

What do you think? What are some other principles to follow when managing APIs?

https://www.justcerts.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Disable option for default developer portal...

If developer portal can be self-hosted that it can be and this is a really good experience, so default developer portals should be set as disabled.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base