Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

API Management

Microsoft Azure API Management is a turnkey solution for publishing APIs to external and internal consumers. Quickly create consistent and modern API gateways for existing backend services hosted anywhere, secure and protect them from abuse and overuse, and gain insights into usage and health. Plus, automate and scale developer onboarding to help get your API program up and running in no time.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open up more of the Orchard CMS features

Not being able to create a custom pages for the "generated" ones; e.g. apis, products and applications, is extremely limiting.

Having more Orchard CMS features available might solve a lot of the customization issues we have.

Unfortunately, it is so limiting that we are seriously considering a different solution for publishing our APIs. It is a shame that the lack of CMS features for customizing the look and feel can be the deal breaker.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We are working on a feature that will allow customers to customize generated pages. It should be out soon. We will announce it on http://aka.ms/apimdocs page. If you get a chance to review it please let us know if it fulfills your needs.

2. Communicate unavailability of backend services

Hi all,

It will be great that Azure will manage the unavailability in backend services. It es, Health Management.

When my backend service is unavailble (for some reason) It will be great Azure communicates it in some way, with the administrator, for example?

I will be a good idea to send SNMP traps when any backend service is unavailable, for instance.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve the policy viewer

APIM supports full screen editing of policies, which is nice, but the policy viewer modal (visible when clicking "View effective policy for the selected scope") could be improved with full screen support.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for Node.js like APIGEE

I hope you would have seen other API tools like APIGEE. Just in case I have a local node. js application, I should be quickly upload into API management portal and act as a back end. This will help me to quickly complement any missing capabilities like support for MangoDB or ReDis or mem cache for caching instead of using default cache mechanism provided by default. Another use case that I can think of, is that I have some on prem data like stores and there location. Then I would like to have some of these data exported to user…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Miao Jiang responded

Hi Venkatesh,

Can you please elaborate more on what you would like to see in Azure API Management? If I understand correctly you’d like to be able to import your APIs written in Node.js into API Management with a easy solution?

5. Time zone support

It seems that only the developer portal is time zone aware. The api management part not. I noticed this by email notifications that were sent with a different time zone than what I configured in the developer portal setting.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide linking Azure Function App with API Management through Azure CLI/Powershell scripts

Hi,

Over the portal, there is an option to link Function App with API Management. This seamlessly imports function app into APIM. However to achieve the same in Azure CLI, lot of work to be done using az apim api commands (create api, create operations etc.). Instead, provide an import capable commands which does the same we do over portal.

Related discussion is captured here:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/226573/link-existing-function-app-with-apim-using-azure-c.html

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API management experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base