How can we improve Microsoft Azure RemoteApp?

Allow the ability to publish specific Apps to specific Users

Give administrators the ability to customize a list of RemoteApp programs specific to each user or group.

1,052 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AlanAlan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

49 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JBJB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been promised for so long that is has become VERY boring watching this thread

• Erik HornErik Horn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can I get the preview as well? We are considering to replace our current VDI environment but it is essential to assign AD Security Groups to specific apps. This will allow us to use still AD as central point for providing access to users and minimize the Azure admin work.

• Trung NguyenTrung Nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have problem with user domain want to connect with Remote App in win server 2012 R2. Everything application may be oke. But i have a deffirence server running SQL and software for my companny, and i want to put it in Remote App, it not run and have a error about component ....ocx. I don't know what problem. Can you show me it if you have some experienced. Thank

• PatrickPatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company would also like to join the preview of this feature. Not being able to customize a list of RemoteApp programs specific to each user or group is what is stopping us from replacing our Citrix farm with Azure RemoteApp.

• Azure RemoteApp TeamAdminAzure RemoteApp Team (Admin, Microsoft Azure) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Thomas, we are in the middle of transition from current Azure portal to the new Azure portal and didn't want to wait so we released a powershell capability, the final resting place will be in the new Azure Portal later this year.

Eric Orman [MSFT]

• thomas Dooherthomas Dooher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Preview is initiated using powershell. How is the final product going to be implimented? is it via the Azure AD? users? I don't want to document it one way and then have issues with it down the road.

← Previous 1 3

RemoteApp

Feedback and Knowledge Base