How can we improve Microsoft Azure RemoteApp?

Apps should be launchable from a desktop shortcut

I shouldn't need to have a visible client running (what benefit does it give me?). A user should be able to login -> start -> excel -> launch and not even realize that it launched from a remote server.

1,099 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    OrenOren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

400. That’s an error.

Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request. That’s all we know.

Nathan MorrisNathan Morris commented · August 26, 2015 8:11 PM · Flag as inappropriate
        This is fantastic, but there needs to be an obvious icon difference between a local app and a RemoteApp App.

KNSKNS commented · August 17, 2015 4:17 AM · Flag as inappropriate
        Two follow up questions,
        Is this also available for Windows Server Remote App client and clients on iOS and Android. We are losing many deals to Citrix/VMware due to lack of ths feature

Mike SheenMike Sheen commented · August 12, 2015 1:15 AM · Flag as inappropriate
        Nice work - clever how the apps associated with your account appear or disappear from the "all apps" area of windows based on who you are signed in as through the remote app client.

Yoshihiro KawabataYoshihiro Kawabata commented · August 11, 2015 10:40 PM · Flag as inappropriate
        Thank you, Eric for this features is live

Michael NemtsevMichael Nemtsev commented · July 28, 2015 4:25 PM · Flag as inappropriate
        I have seen several customers who are very interesting in this feature, or how they call it "guest account".
        The current way of login to remove app frustrates users a

StorSimple 11 ideas
        Support Feedback 95 ideas
        Virtual Machines 560 ideas
        Web Apps (formerly Websites) 383 ideas
        Microsoft Azure
        Hosted by UserVoiceContact Us Trademarks Privacy & Cookies UserVoice Terms of Service microsoft
        © 2016 Microsoft

400. That’s an error.

Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request. That’s all we know.

• Nathan MorrisNathan Morris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is fantastic, but there needs to be an obvious icon difference between a local app and a RemoteApp App.

• KNSKNS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two follow up questions,
        Is this also available for Windows Server Remote App client and clients on iOS and Android. We are losing many deals to Citrix/VMware due to lack of ths feature

• Mike SheenMike Sheen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice work - clever how the apps associated with your account appear or disappear from the "all apps" area of windows based on who you are signed in as through the remote app client.

• Michael NemtsevMichael Nemtsev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have seen several customers who are very interesting in this feature, or how they call it "guest account".
        The current way of login to remove app frustrates users and large organisation have concerns that it will confuse users.

So ideally there should be a way to generate a direct link to the specific app and share it with the customer, so customer get to the remoteApps with the least possible prompts/logins

• R. PotterR. Potter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree, some type of light border or frame should be visible to show user that it is a remote application running, if only to allow for the time delay.

• Greg MGreg M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just watched the last session on this...when RemoteApps are pinned to the start menu/screen it would be good to include the RemoteApp small icon in the bottom corner so users know these are RemoteApps...ie Excel local versus RemoteApp. Similar to the way a RemoteApp opens and shows in the taskbar currently.

• SjoerdSjoerd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make sure it's also possible to launch a remoteapp from the client via a command line. then we can integrate the apps into our own application and make it a seamless experience.

• Kevin SayeKevin Saye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think native integration with the Remote App for Windows and Mac would help deployments / consumption. For IOS or Android, a special app seems fine.

• Leon MeijerLeon Meijer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It can't be that hard. Let the user create .remapp files with the internal ID inside and associate the file extension with the RemoteApp ClickOnce client.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this should be easily published to domain joined machines, like the way you can publish the app feed url to a Windows 8.1 machine from an RDS Web on an internal RDS Farm by using GPOs.

• Ross TaylorRoss Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We do this from our own portal using a .rdp file generated on the fly when a user clicks on an application. It would be great if we could port this platform into Azure without having to do a rewrite or tell our customers they need to install client software - really, the in-build Windows RDP client needs to be able to access RemoteApps.

• Ron OberjohannRon Oberjohann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, seamless delivery of applications is vital to most any solution such as this. It is what helped drive adoption of another product of this type in many organizations. Is it not possible to provide a url to simply use 'Remoteapp and Desktop Connections' same as we would with RDWeb & RDWeb apps? Thus negating the need for a client install, as this feature is available in Win7 & 8 via control panel.

← Previous 1

RemoteApp

Feedback and Knowledge Base