Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Automation

Azure Automation allows you to automate the creation, monitoring, deployment, and maintenance of resources in your Azure environment using a highly-available workflow execution engine. Orchestrate time-consuming, error-prone, and frequently repeated tasks against Azure and third party systems to decrease time to value for your cloud operations.

Visit the Automation page to learn more about Automation and how to get started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Module Update Improvements

Modules that are now pretty much essential for DSC are not updated through Update Modules as they're not part of the azure sdk, e.g. ComputerManagementDsc, StorageDSC. Option to update these rather than going to the gallery and importing again would be better.

On the modules page show current and new version numbers if applicable so you know what's out of date.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure DevOps Collection Selector

As we have multiple different Azure DevOps Collections, I would like to see an additional drop to select which collection I want to connect to. I am unsure how it is picking the collection right now, but it is not the connection I need and I don't see a way to change it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Source control integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. View "Last test output" in a panel next to the code editor

After running a test on an Azure PowerShell Runbook, and returning to the code editor, it would be very helpful to be able to keep the last test output open (read-only) in a split-view or popup, while the code editor is active.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Debugging and troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multiple directories - only repositories from first one are visible

Having same user in multiple directories (in my case, it is my private repository and another one for startup) - I see repositories only from first directory (private) and cannot select others.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Source control integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The cmdlets to deploy Azure Files Share snapshots scheduler

Who can tell me how to deploy Azure Files Share snapshots scheduler (except uses Azure backup for the share files).
    Thanks so much.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  PowerShell cmdlets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Powershell command to manage alerts

I'd like to have a way to bulk manage alerts. currently I have to navigate to alerts > select the alert to see the smart group> and I can change the state to 10 alerts at a time to closed or acknowledged. but when I have 300+ alerts to change the state to this takes too long.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Alert logic not working

my log analytics search query returns computer name and count 1 when true. but the alert, using the same logic, and a threshold of greater than 0, does not fire.

Event
    | where EventID == 7036
    | where RenderedDescription contains "web" and RenderedDescription contains "stopped"
    | summarize lastLog = max(TimeGenerated) by Computer
    | where lastLog < ago(5m)
    | summarize count() by Computer

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable Ctrl + s in powershell editor

It's nice to have the powershell editor and see how it supports useful capabilities like code comments through keyboard shortcuts. (Ctrl + k c), however, it would be even better if it supports Ctrl + s to save the script (currently it opens a window to save the whole webpage...), that would make the editor even more intuitive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow ChildRunbooks in Python

Just like we can call PowerShell Runbooks, we should be given an option to call python runbooks via one liner python scripts

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. runbooks really sucks

When you are deprecating AzureRm module, runbooks must run by default with Az module. They wont. Its a nightmare for us to remove AzureRM modules and install Az. Even after installing Az modules, it wont run that easily. Its total and pure waste of time. Why can't you update all runbooks by default with Az module when you are deprecating AzureRm Module ? it doesn't make any sense to me..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. add action on jobs stuck in Queue

I have 3 jobs stuck on Queue with no way to stop\remove them. both the test pane and the published jobs are not running

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Update script to create runas account using Az module

Script "New-RunAsAccount.ps1" from: "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/automation/manage-runas-account#prerequisites", stay using AzureRM modules, and when I tried to change cmd-let it's didn't work.
    Here the erros i got:
    First one:
    Import-Module Az.Profile
    + CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: (Az.Profile:String) [Import-Module], FileNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Modules_ModuleNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

Another error:
    .\New-RunAsAccount.ps1 -ResourceGroup $RGAutomationName -AutomationAc ...
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,New-RunAsAccount.ps1

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. azure automation after renewing certificate old cert is kept for 90 days which if exported provides persistence and a security vulnerability

azure automation after renewing a certificate the old cert is kept for 90 days which if it was exported before the renewal can still be used to authenticate as the security principal this provides persistence and a security vulnerability. It's retention is described under https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/automation/automation-managing-data#data-retention Please enable the deletion of renewed certificates before the 90 day retention period

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Linux support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. AZURE Auto Run Book certificate annual renewal user notification and alert

please provide 30-day advance notification to renew run book certification to the user so the run book script won't fail otherwise the user has any way of knowing and the certificate will expire; therefore, the script will fail to run thus generates more compute hours which will result in more charges to the user.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. HRW will not actually operate at an Elevated Level

There is a “Known Issue” where the HRW will not actually operate at an Elevated Level and can get caught by UAC. Delegating explicit permissions from the credential resolves the issue.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fix dependencies automatically during modules import

During Az modules import I have to fix all dependencies manually.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Right sentance of Remove-HybridRunbookWorker

In this case for remove a VM from gybrid group"Remove-HybridRunbookWorker -url <URL> -key <PrimaryAccessKey> -machineName <ComputerName>" You must use a FQDN full name of VM

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  PowerShell cmdlets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Netingek ir turėsi viską užsuk į svečius

Reik žmogui duoti už ko užsikabinti.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. door de batterijen te vervangen

je kan door een batterij 2 lijnen connecteren maar ik weet niet hoe
    ah wacht ik denk dat ik me wijsmaak dat ik wel weet hoe