Automation

Azure Automation allows you to automate the creation, monitoring, deployment, and maintenance of resources in your Azure environment using a highly-available workflow execution engine. Orchestrate time-consuming, error-prone, and frequently repeated tasks against Azure and third party systems to decrease time to value for your cloud operations.

Visit the Automation page to learn more about Automation and how to get started.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a refresh button to Jobs lists.

Neither the "main" job list or the specific job lists on each runbook has a refresh button.
    Many other pages does.

I would like to see a refresh button on the job list (since it is the page I refresh the most)

Is the design relying on the auto refresh instead? .. it does not seem to update very fast.

thanks

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Beth Cooper responded

We just added a refresh button to the runbook/jobs list (navigate to your runbook, select jobs, view refresh button at top).

We also have a separate item to track adding the refresh button to the list of all the jobs in the Automation account, but have not yet begun work on adding it.

2. UI Improvements

The current portal implementation of jobs and outputs is suboptimal. When there are many jobs, clicking on the "jobs" "box" auto-scrolls down to the oldest one - imho that's wrong, theres a bigger chance that I'm interested in the newest one than the oldest one. Also, there's no refresh button, so the only way to see if any new jobs have been fired is to close the blade and click "jobs" again (causing me to have to scroll up repeatedly when waiting for a job to kick off.

Further, the "all streams" should have the same auto-scroll feature as the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Beth Cooper responded

We have currently fixed:
    1. Modify jobs list so that it does not scroll to the bottom of the page
    2. Added a refresh button to the streams blade (note this doesn’t help if you have more than 50 streams so we are still looking at other ways to improve viewing active streams)

I’m leaving this open to track further improvements to the job and streams blades.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base