Diagnostics and Monitoring

1. Send EMail to Subscription Security Contact in Azure Monitor action groups

would be nice to have the option to send an email to the Subscription Security Contact in an action group as a default selection instead of having to type the email adress again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Performance Query Widgets on Dashboard get reset on new load

The Query-Settings for the Dashboard widgets partly reset on reopening the dashboard. Some have extra plots added, others have less, and even others have a different time range set than before. Exactly which setting is reset is always the same on each widget.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Am unable to change the edit chart metric betweenpast hour/ past week/ custom at times, clicking save does not save all the time

Am unable to change the edit chart metric betweenpast hour/ past week/ custom at times, clicking save does not save all the time

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Download Audit Logs and Separate Actions from Information Requests

Currently, most of the log items are categorized as Informational and very difficult to filter. Retrieval of information like ListKeys are categorized at the same level as DeleteDatabase. We would like to see Actions separate from Information requests. Or the ability to download the logs so we can filter it ourselves.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. watcher.log generated by Microsoft Monitoring Agent should not grow to GBs as currently it is increasing to unlimited size

watcher.log generated by Microsoft Monitoring Agent should not grow to GBs as currently it is increasing which is making /partition full on Linux VMs which is just 32GB by default.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. alert(preview) healthy state

Appinsights alert fired an alert once it fires and when its healthy again (below threshold) I'm missing this functionality in the Alerts(Preview)?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add an Alert Rule so that notification can occur as soon as a web service Web Services DIAGNOSTICS CONNECTION STRINGS response fails

Add an Alert Rule so that notification can occur as soon as a web service Web Services DIAGNOSTICS CONNECTION STRINGS response fails. Currently it only Alerts on Uptime and Response Times which are averaged over a minimum of 15 minutes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Assign Action Groups to multiple Resources.

You should be able to assign Action Groups to multiple resources if you choose to do so.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Yesterday it said my Microsoft did not exist, today it is back but the portal is slow and some resources will not load so I cannot work

Add a way to determine if something is hanging in your resource group like task manager or a windows showing Portal is having issues so don't waste time until it is resolved

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Improve upscaling and downscaling speed in pricing tier

Takes far too long to carry out the process and stops work being possible while it is being upscaled or downscaled... current attempt 19 minutes and counting..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. add a test button on alerts to generate test alert

The ability to trigger an alert and confirm deliverability would be extremely useful

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make web test execution results, especially "Web test execution time", a pinable blade tile for dashboard

We would like to have our web test results on big screens in the room. Unfortunately this section of the Azure Portal does not have unique URL. And we also need to scroll down to see execution times. This is a perfect candidate to be pinable on the start dashboard

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. make the audit log messages more meaningful

meaningful - explain what operations are being performed - vs OPERATIONID 4613d47f-0c0d-452d-a19e-c399f515a196

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Prevent the immediate deallocation of scalled virtual machines when manually starting

I have a series of Virtual Machines in a cloud instance which switch on or off based on CPU usage.

Sometimes I want to manually start all virtual machines to apply some configuration changes.

Unfortunately the auto scaling causes the machines to be immediately switch back off. I have tried setting the "Scale down wait time" to 60 minutes but this setting is ignored if you manually start the machines.

The only work around at the moment:

1) Turn off scaling.
    2) Start all virtual machines and apply configurations
    3) Re-configure scaling settings.

I suggest you should honor the "Scale…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

So to be clear, you’re suggesting that the cooldown period should be based on any scaling action, not just an autoscaling action? This seems like a reasonable change.

15. Metrics graph lie

I've found that selecting a higher timespan of metrics for databases will end up with the graphs saying that "there is no available data".

However, I noticed that the UI is still making calls to the backend and bringing data very slowly.

I was able to correctly get all the data that I want by just leaving the page do its thing, sometimes for more than 30 minutes at a time, at which point I would get the data showing in the graphs, with the "no data available" message going away on its own.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. To many decimal places on Metric Graph of CPU

To many decimal places on Metric Graph of CPU. Just a "toFixed" please.. one thing is a tech guy seeing this another is my client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Metric charts needs explanation

I love how much data Azure provides about services, but I really have no idea what some of the metric charts mean. For example, what is "Success percentage" referring to exactly in relation the blob storage? Some documentation or explanation would be helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to configure storage account monitoring chart scale to more lower granularity

The current azure storage account monitoring chart scale is every hour, which is not sufficient in some cases. And there is no where to change the scale from the portal (or I am not aware of it). Sometimes during troubleshooting or testing, it will be nice to have metrics collected every 5 minutes or every minute, similar to the database monitoring chart. It would be very helpful to have the ability to configure the storage chart scale from Azure Portal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. do not loose the usage overview

The existing usage overview (6 horizontal bars, with reset timing) is easy to understand and absorb at a quick glance.
    (a) there is nothing like this in the new version.
    (b) if the 'third' panel (website detail) is off screen when the user selects a different website, there is no indication that the new data is available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. sms

I would like to get some alerts via sms message instead of email. Is there a way to do this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Diagnostics and Monitoring

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base