Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Incorporate old portals management services Alert rules into new portal

It appears that I can't access the alert rules I defined in the old portal within the new preview portal... are there plans to surface these rules in the new portal?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  Stephen Siciliano responded

This will be addressed soon — any alerts on Virtual Machines or Websites will show up in the new portal.

3. mdsd

Hi,

as of now the MDSD (mandatory diagnostics service daemon) is only provided as a binary. There is no source code nor documentation of the protocols spoken available.

The MDSD binary provided is not suitable to be used on linux distributions other than the officially supported distros.

Withouth MDSD it is not possible to use the autoscaling features of a VMSS.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Alert Rules Dimensions

When one Alert is triggers using Dimensions in the Email Information it does not specify the Dimension (object) that generated the issue.
    This appears only when the alert is set to resolved.

Is this normal procedure or is this a bug?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The (auto) scaling graph has a really wierd timebase. The x-Axis needs to autoscale!

Like the title says, when starting with autoscaling, the graph looks awful and overwrites itsself if there are several scaling actions. The x-axis needs to autoscale and be configurable (time range). Furthermore, the legend needs to be explained, how does cpu percentage fit into the y-axis of the instance count?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Azure Policy to enforce enabling sending logs to Log Analytics

Give us the ability to automatically send logs for a given resource type to an OMS workspace. I understand there are ways to configure existing resources to send logs to OMS and we can configure this as part of ARM templates. However, many people would prefer if this could be applied as policy, much like tagging. The other ways rely on the users to configure things themselves when they deploy resources or rely on predefined ARM templates which is too constricting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Azure Policy to enforce enabling sending logs to Log Analytics

Give us the ability to automatically send logs for a given resource type to an OMS workspace. I understand there are ways to configure existing resources to send logs to OMS and we can configure this as part of ARM templates. However, many people would prefer if this could be applied as policy, much like tagging. The other ways rely on the users to configure things themselves when they deploy resources or rely on predefined ARM templates which is too constricting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow automatic scaling to be able to scale a service plan if the maximum number of the plan is reached

It would be very useful if when needed a website could upgrade the service plan from standard to premium in order to be able to have more than 10 instance running when scale out rules recommand that we need more.

It could also scale down when less than 11 instances is OK.

Sometimes we dont need bigger machines, but we need more instances !

Without that feature all that monitoring and plan scaling is done manually (with all the risks that this include)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. sms in sweden

Enable the SMS notification to be used globally. My customer in Sweden cannot use this function today since country code isn't available.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Azure deployment region information to telemetry and reporting

Deployments are commonly made to multiple regions for redundancy and performance, including sending traffic to the closes region, but AppInsights completely lacks any capabilities for taking a region-centric view of an application install.

Add capabilities to Compute such as Cloud Services to surface the Region of the deployment as an environment or role variable, add new telemetry initializers that apply this information to events, and update the AppInsights reporting tools to be able to group on this.

I envision being able to drop a world map widget on my Azure dashboard that shows the locations of each deployment and overall…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add more VM disk metrics in Azure Monitor (Alert Monitoring)

I don't see Disk utilization percentage or Disk availability metrics in Alert monitoring. I see Disk read/write, Disk queue length, Disk transfer time, etc. Could you please add this feature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a Counter for the Autoscale Instances to the Monitor

Pmease add a Metric for the Autoscale to the Monitor-Tab of the Portal

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Request and errors lense: need ability to navigate to errror description itself

I see the number of HTTP errors, but anywhere I click (including clickable number of errors) I get to the list of requests. There I can see the error request time, but it does not navigate to the error description.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The Operations Logs interface is flaky

About a quarter of the time when I click the checkmark on the operations logs page to refresh the logs for a Stream Analytics job I get no data or partial data. Then sometimes 30 seconds later after I've clicked refresh again, the previous data shows up so it shows each log event twice. The interface is very flaky and difficult to trust.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Performance charts need to use additional Axis for different units of measurement (i.e. Storage amount vs Storage Percentage)

When looking at the performance charts from within the portal and adding other metrics they currently all share the one left axis. They need to use additional Axis, right and/or left, for different units of measurement i.e. Storage amount in GB on same chart as Storage Percentage with a max of 100% makes the percentage non-visible. on the chart.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fix "no available metric" in the Edit Chart item

Screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/wmTKrRT.png

No available metric? That's a bit hard to believe. Seems more likely that the service that provides the list of metrics failed.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Monitoring roles to be added in resource level, not subscription/resource group level

I have users that I'd like to grant the ability to create, modify and delete Alerts and Availability Monitors at Resouce level.

Currently, azure does not allow to create monitoring role at Resources level. Only able to create Monitoring roles at Subscription level which we would like to avoid as this user is not supposed to view other resources monitoring information.

We have 1 single Subscription that has multiple Resource group under it. This user only has access(owner role) to this particular Resources under this Resouce Group.

We only want to grant this user monitoring roles for this single Resouces…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Custom Diagnostics Appender

Azure should allow diagnostics data to be stored to a location other than Azure Table Storage (which is a **** of a pain to consume it from any useful logging solutions, e.g. splunk, nagios, etc), since there's no easy way to perform tail (or scalable query) on Table Storage.
    Even sqlserver or servicebus topic would be far more useful. But ideally let the developer to write their own diagnostics appender.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  Stephen Siciliano responded

We are working on a way to save diagnostics to blob storage in addition to Table storage. Blobs should be easier for 3rd party tools like splunk to work with.

19. Alerts Email Links to Metric, Resource, Alert and Portal

We've set up a few alerts and they are working fine. It was useful in the VSO AI that the emailed alert contained some contextual links. Those links made it quick to get to the metric that triggered the alert for troubleshooting.

Useful links were: Resource (application in old AI parlance), metric history, alert details and portal.

How about giving us more links in emails?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. alert for all health status changes across multiple subscriptions, resource groups and regions

All maintenance and all services should be alerted on, I want to know when ever Azure are making changes that might affect services I have running regardless of subscription, resource group or region as a single place to receive changes or outages on service that is in use.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Diagnostics and Monitoring

Feedback and Knowledge Base