How can we improve Azure Diagnostics and Monitoring?

Allow Users added via RBAC Ability to Create Alerts and Availability Monitors in AI

I have users that I'd like to grant the ability to create, modify and delete Alerts and Availability Monitors. Even adding the users to the Owners Role does not give them permission to create the alerts via the portal (have not tried API yet). If it was up to me a Contributor should be able to do so.

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ray Escamilla shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ray Escamilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, that worked. The scenario I have is our QA Automation Engineer is responsible for writing the Web Tests we use in the synthetic monitors (good luck having devops do that) and I want him to be able to set up and maintain those monitors and alerts. Obviously, I can't have him digging around other areas (he is QA afterall) and was aiming to add his group to the specific resource. It is a corner case and may not be too common that that's what I got.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a bane in our team. And it has come to close to making us reconsider our use of Azure. Our pain would be much alleviated if this change could be made.

• JC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is a great idea. I can't believe they don't allow you as a contributor. Microsoft should get that working immediately.

Feedback and Knowledge Base