How can we improve Azure Diagnostics and Monitoring?

Adding reports, like SLA/Uptime reports for Virtual Machines, Availability Sets, and Traffic Managers

Clients like to see reports that show that SLAs are being met or the Uptime of a Virtual Machine, Availability Set and/or Traffic Manager. Could Azure provide reports that could be generated from the data they are already collecting and presenting on the graphs?

Thanks,
Scott Weigand

230 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Scott Weigand shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Zia ul haque Siddiqui commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Guys!!!!

I have an powershell script which gives you VM uptime.. here is command for linux..

Invoke-AzureRmVMRunCommand -ResourceGroupName ZVm -VMName Z-vm -CommandId 'RunShellScript' -ScriptPath "script.ps1"

Where Script.ps1 content "uptime -p" without quote..

This may help you out...

• Guy Humphreys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, this ability would also be very beneficial for my company - has any progress been made on it?
    thanks
    Guy

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Rahul Shinde, can you please provide more details about how you generate the uptime/SLA report via OMS. I tried the Heartbeat based query but could not complete the report. Please post the steps and also email me a sample report that you generated. Thanks

• Balasubramanian Murugesan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How to get the reports from OMS Log Analytics for (Availability) Uptime\SLA reports for Azure Virtual Machines and Azure PaaS components

Could not find an option where I can see uptime/SLA reports for my Azure services.

Could Log Analytics gives the data for reporting of availability of Azure Virtual Machines.

• Rahul Shinde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like there isn't easy way of uptime reporting for VM services anywhere in Azure Portal or OMS. But certainly, OMS has a bar graph which says about HeartBeat of the VM. I usually look at the bar and export the report for my uptime of VM and reporting, may that should be it for now. But more details around when it was down should be easily identified.

• Kurt Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? It seems that multiple people are asking for this functionality and it's been under review by the portal team since 2014?

• Scott Weigand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Check out a service called cloudmonix.com. They are making strides in reporting, stats, and charts for a lot of Azure services. I am a customer and would strongly recommend checking them out.

Also, keep an eye on the Preview Portal in Azure. Those reporting, stats, and charts are coming along as well.

• Pankaj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been implemented yet? I could not find an option where I can see uptime/SLA reports for my Azure services.

• Manuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

LOL, I had to end up creating my own website, that integrates with Azure API so our customers can login and see the uptime (and whatever else metric they want to see) in a nice fashion with graphs and so on. :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base