Diagnostics and Monitoring

1. APIM Load Balancer Metrics to View SNAT Metrics Status so I Proactive Know When To Scale

My enterprise was on the phone for the last week with Microsoft support staff trying to troubleshoot a 500 "Unable to connect to remote server" issue.

The result was the SNAT was maxed out on our APIM instance. Having metrics would allow us to proactively scale it.

133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. multiple email address per one action

The customer wants to register multiple e-mail addresses in the action group.
    Now it is one email address per action.
    Can this be multiple email addresses per action?
    Are there plans to be changed in the future.

Customers are concerned about erasing the action by mistake.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please allow the 'Summary' and 'Details' Markdown Tags

Please allow the 'Summary' and 'Details' Markdown Tags in Azure Monitor workbooks so that one can insert expanders to make long documents more precise. It is a bug that these tags work in one Microsoft tool eg. Visual Studio Code and not in another ie. Azure workbooks.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Test Alert Notifications

Please add a feature on alerts to test run the alert and send emails etc. for verification purposes.
    This would be useful for Service Health notifications that are not yet supported in the new alerts at the time of writing, but also for other Activity Log alerts and metric alerts.

180 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. create activity log alerts rules for all subscriptions at once.

In Azure Monitor using Powershell or CLI, there should be a possibility to create log-activity alert rules for all subscriptions at once in a tenant.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. service bus subscription monitoring

Azure monitor API for service bus currently provides the ability to get messages at queue/topic level. It is equally get the metrics at subscription level.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-in/azure/azure-monitor/platform/metrics-supported#microsoftservicebusnamespaces

I used to find that they needed to be treated differently, e.g. a topic might appear to be empty, but a subscription on that topic might have millions of messages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Alert whenever a new VM or Resource is created

Currently when a user wants to be notified whenever a new VM is created, there is an alert option 'Create/Update VM' This doesn't help much since it alerts at every update that happens on the VM.

It would be nice and helpful if there is just one alert generated only when a VM is created.

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Increase the number of files that can be monitored under FIM

File Integrity Monitoring in Azure is currently limited to a maximum of 500 files. We have an application that has over 20,000. So I'd like to see the limit raised well above this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Active Directory to dynamically detect Groups with Linux Computer members

Requesting a new feature to allow Active Directory to dynamically detect Groups with Linux Computer domain joined members, to support Azure Monitor \ Update Management & Azure Monitor \ Automation. This will meet Enterprise Readiness for Update Management and Automation

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Diagnostic Logs for ADF configured but logs are not always written

I have configured activity, Pipeline and Trigger logs to push to my storage through diagnostic settings on the ADF instance but when a pipeline executes (success or failure) within ADF, sometimes a log is sent to storage and sometimes it is not>!?!?!?!?

I can see the "error" text box within the console (monitor within ADF) but nothing in the PT1H.json file NOR a PT1H.json file even created...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Suppress alerts with more granularity

Hi there,

It would be interesting to have more granularity on the Action Rules functionality on the alert suppression blade.

I mean, currently is possible to suppress alerts daily, weekly or monthly. What if I want to suppress the alerts fired within a subscription from 7:00 PM to 9:00 AM during the weekdays and during the weekend?

Said in another way, my goal is to receive the alerts generated on my DEV/QA/UAT/etc... subscription ONLY during office hours from monday to friday. I.e: I do not want to be alerted by a QA server/service on sunday, while this should not be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add way to clean old logs

Diagnostic data can currently be logged to a storage account. Data is for example logged to multiple WADMetrics tables.

After a while, these can grow quiet big. So it would be great to be able to specify a maximum log size (x GB) or a maximum log age (x days). If the log size or maximum is exceeded, the oldest entries would automatically be deleted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Alert when a Rule Alert was deleted

Create a rule that has a condition of:
    Alert when a Rule Alert was deleted

Kindly give me an Idea.
    Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. NSG Flow Log Export to Event Hub for SIEM Ingestion

NSG Flow Logs can be viewed in Network Watcher or Exported to Storage, but the option to export to Event Hub is missing. Since Event Hubs have become the standard interface for SIEM solutions to access Azure logs, it would be great to be able to handle NSG Flow Logs the same way.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Metrics from VM Guest OS in Azure Monitor

Guest OS Metrics on a VM is exposed in Classic with diagnostics enabled but they are not exposed in the new Azure Monitor solution. Please expose Guest OS Metrics in Azure Monitor as well, we monitor onprem using SCOM and newer versions of Azure Management Pack does not support classic anymore.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add support for exporting ARM templates

Please add support for exporting Action Groups and Alert Rules as ARM Templates, in the same manner as the Data Factory V2 team allows exporting pipeline definitions and all their related artifacts as ARM templates. This is incredibly useful for cases where we're creating a product with multiple environments.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add monitoring of vCPU usage against quota at subscription level

Currently there is no out-of-the-box way of monitoring vCPU usage over time and against subscription quotas.

This really comes into play when using services like Azure Databricks which create and destroy VMs in the subscription very frequently.

We semi-regularly encounter failures in scaling operations on these services as we bumpo up against subscription vCPU limits, however there's no easy way of proactively mitigating against them - the Azure Portal only shows the current usage, which may be fine, and show plenty of spare capacity depending on the time of day/current usage. However there is no real way of seeing a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Monitoring roles to be added in resource level, not subscription/resource group level

I have users that I'd like to grant the ability to create, modify and delete Alerts and Availability Monitors at Resouce level.

Currently, azure does not allow to create monitoring role at Resources level. Only able to create Monitoring roles at Subscription level which we would like to avoid as this user is not supposed to view other resources monitoring information.

We have 1 single Subscription that has multiple Resource group under it. This user only has access(owner role) to this particular Resources under this Resouce Group.

We only want to grant this user monitoring roles for this single Resouces…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)