Scheduler

Azure Scheduler allows you to invoke actions that call HTTP/S endpoints or post messages to a storage queue on any schedule. In Scheduler, you can create jobs that reliably call services either inside or outside of Windows Azure and run those jobs right away, on a regular or irregular schedule, or set them to run at a future date.

If you have any feedback on Azure Scheduler, we’d love to hear it.

1. Notification should be displayed when you save job with past "Start on" time

If you change recurrence from "Recurring" to "Once" and set a job to "Start on" past time, this job runs immediately after saving. This behavior is a little bit confusing to users who expect the job should not start. It’s very helpful if a caution appears on the portal when users are going to save jobs with past time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  User Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. For the scheduled tasks product, just place a dropdown with time zone so we know what time we are entering

Scheduled Jobs, add a time zone dropdown to know what time we are entering. It is so confusing!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add support for specifying resourceId when setting up Azure AD OAuth for Scheduler

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/scheduler/scheduler-outbound-authentication#request-body-for-activedirectoryoauth-authentication

Missing resourceId will cause the token to miss any app specific roles that might be configured.

Now, in our our endpoints that are called with scheduler, we are forced to remove any role-checking attributes. This leaves us more vulnerable to attacks since we check authentication only and not authentication + authorization.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. auth0 authentication options

Hi

We want to use the scheduler to call (POST) an API endpoint that we currently have secured with JWT tokens.

As security provider we are using Auth0.

We noticed that there are some configurations regarding authentication, but seems that there is no way of configuring Auth0 here. The settings needed are (almost) the same as for ActiveDirectoryOAuth.

Are there any plans currently to support this ? Are there any workarounds that we can apply?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Scheduler deprecated?

Hi Microsoft, are You sure to deprecate Scheduler ?

Google recentrly launched its own scheduler https://cloud.google.com/scheduler/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Scheduled Jobs targeting AppService WebJob fail under Free Tier

I recently encountered much difficulty creating scheduled job under free tier with the new portal. It is my understanding that I can have 5 scheduled jobs, each of which can run every hour.

However this does not work when you are targeting an App Service WebJob. It continually complains about missing credentials, however it is impossible to enter authorization credentials (only for plans Basic and higher )

Please see my question for more details on stackoverflow
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42825256/azure-scheduled-job-fails-to-execute

I recently had a phone call with a support engineer who finally helped my to get the scheduled job running. By adding my…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Scheduler

Categories