Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring Visual Studio Online to New Portal

I had to go to the old portal to access Visual Studio Online. Please bring a link to the new version of the portal.

I don't develop in VSO, however, I use it to manually add private keys which are not checked into source control such as GitHub. So in this regard it is very useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reset My Linux Password!

I can not reset my linux VM password.

Help me please!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. blades minimize automatically

when creating new resources I find the 'new resource selector' and then the create blades are in the way once I have selected the type of resource and determined to create it.
    I always find myself minimizing those two places over and over again to see the resource group or other previous blade for names and to help me fill out the fields more accurately.
    in the screenshot I have the 2 I mention minimized.
    It would be so helpful to automatically minimize certain blades as you traverse to the next blade.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Visual way to group tiles on portal dashboard

Would be nice if there was a visual way of grouping tiles like we have on Windows. Could be semi-automated based on resource groups maybe, not required.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. More prominently feature service types in addition to icons

Icons are used throughout, which is great. We all love icons. What I recommend, however, is that the icons are used WITH accompanying text somehow. For example, in the "all resources" blade, I click on a server and it opens the corresponding blade and shrinks the "all resources" blade so the "Type" column disappears. In the now-shrinked "All resources" blade, I have no idea which service is of which type unless I memorize all the similar-looking icons. I have special trouble with a SQL server vs a SQL database. Which is which? Nobody knows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add warning or notification on portal for ASR design limitation

I understand that there has an design limitation from https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/blog/setting-up-active-directory-for-a-disaster-recovery-environment-2

Is it possible to add some warning or notification on portal?

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix the new portal

New portal looks nice but functionality is consistently broken nearly every time I log in. I was unable to view my virtual machine in the new portal and was forced to use the old portal. Please fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. become user friendly

this product totally (expletive deleted)! I have been doing this almost a year now and have had to change password at least 15 times, if I make a mistake and click on the big blue box called ‘Portal’ it takes me to a screen from which there is no escape, no go back, nothing. I have to log out, close the browser and then go to a different browser because if I login again it takes me back to portal page. Like I said, no escape from a mistaken mouse click. And yes, many times if I wipe the browser…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Display IP address in new azure portal when configuring external domains

In custom domains,the ip address needs to be configured to A host is not present in new portal. But i can able to find it in old azure portal (https://manage.windowsazure.com/ ). Please fix it in new portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Limit common users to create Azure AD

In Azure, a user who has been granted to service-admin or co-admin with specified subscription can create Azure AD without notificating others. Even the Enterprise Account didn’t know this. We think this operation is out of control, which can leads to some security problem. For example:

Jason is the Enterprise Account of Company A, he created a directory named A.com. Then he identified himself as a service-admin, then he created a new common user Test in this directory, in order to make the user Test to access the Azure Services, Jason identified the Test as a co-admin with his subscription.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. New Portal Roadmap

We've been Azure (primarily IaaS) customers since 2013, our relevant teams working in the original portal since then. With recent business requirements to explore PaaS offerings from Azure, we're adding non-infrastructure skills to our list of Azure admins.

The main concern of this, is our Azure Admin list is bulging and many people do not know the implications/impact of the ~100 VMs, 8 VNETs and various VPN connections, and vice versa with the infrastructure guys not knowing the web/PaaS side.

Resource Groups in the new portal is the fix for this, which is fantastic. However, there are still many features…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Do changes more slow since you affect production

New portal is not user friendly at all. It is very difficult to find things. I understand that mostly is because we are used to the old one but from my point of view it will be better if you had a "change phase". For example, you start moving/changing things on current portal slowly slowly instead of a "big bang" change.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please please get rid of the leftmost menu and replace it with the menu that appears after clicking Browse

I hate clicking Browse to see the full list of services. It's an extra click for me. Put the full list on the leftmost panel and keep the filter textbox. Or merge the two menus together keeping the current leftmost panel at the top and full list at the bottom so users can still see most commonly used services. This is driving me nuts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When hovering over the tile 'all resources' a pop-up with brief description would be handy

The tiles already tell me whether it is a virtual machine of virtual network however especially in the beginning, when I'm new to Azure. The tiles aren't always clear to me. So a brief pop-up with the description would be handy. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Offer shortcuts (Ctrl + S to save)

I use a lot the keyboard with tabs and shortcuts and it will be productive to have a Save shortcut instead of going to the save button

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Clicking and dragging a tile on the home screen should invoke customization mode.

When I click and drag a tile on the Azure Ibiza Portal, I should automatically be put into customization mode, OR, the tile should simply move where I drag it to, without entering the full customization mode. I'm not sure which implementation would be more practical, but I feel as if something should happen. Right now, it only selects text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Dashboard Tiles Icon Size Configuration Option

In the config options for the tile, add the ability to increase icon size to fill more of the available space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide a more secure login for administrative functions

Provide a consistent token based security model for Azure administration portals as Microsoft does in its other administration portals such as VLSC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Link resources were easier to add and remove on the old portal.

Link resources (like mysql databases) were easier to add and remove on the old portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. progress bar location

The progress bar of any activity is shown under the alerts bell menu. I think it should be put down together with the action notification banner.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base