Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display IP address in new azure portal when configuring external domains

In custom domains,the ip address needs to be configured to A host is not present in new portal. But i can able to find it in old azure portal (https://manage.windowsazure.com/ ). Please fix it in new portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Limit common users to create Azure AD

In Azure, a user who has been granted to service-admin or co-admin with specified subscription can create Azure AD without notificating others. Even the Enterprise Account didn’t know this. We think this operation is out of control, which can leads to some security problem. For example:

Jason is the Enterprise Account of Company A, he created a directory named A.com. Then he identified himself as a service-admin, then he created a new common user Test in this directory, in order to make the user Test to access the Azure Services, Jason identified the Test as a co-admin with his subscription.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. New Portal Roadmap

We've been Azure (primarily IaaS) customers since 2013, our relevant teams working in the original portal since then. With recent business requirements to explore PaaS offerings from Azure, we're adding non-infrastructure skills to our list of Azure admins.

The main concern of this, is our Azure Admin list is bulging and many people do not know the implications/impact of the ~100 VMs, 8 VNETs and various VPN connections, and vice versa with the infrastructure guys not knowing the web/PaaS side.

Resource Groups in the new portal is the fix for this, which is fantastic. However, there are still many features…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Do changes more slow since you affect production

New portal is not user friendly at all. It is very difficult to find things. I understand that mostly is because we are used to the old one but from my point of view it will be better if you had a "change phase". For example, you start moving/changing things on current portal slowly slowly instead of a "big bang" change.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please please get rid of the leftmost menu and replace it with the menu that appears after clicking Browse

I hate clicking Browse to see the full list of services. It's an extra click for me. Put the full list on the leftmost panel and keep the filter textbox. Or merge the two menus together keeping the current leftmost panel at the top and full list at the bottom so users can still see most commonly used services. This is driving me nuts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When hovering over the tile 'all resources' a pop-up with brief description would be handy

The tiles already tell me whether it is a virtual machine of virtual network however especially in the beginning, when I'm new to Azure. The tiles aren't always clear to me. So a brief pop-up with the description would be handy. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Offer shortcuts (Ctrl + S to save)

I use a lot the keyboard with tabs and shortcuts and it will be productive to have a Save shortcut instead of going to the save button

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Clicking and dragging a tile on the home screen should invoke customization mode.

When I click and drag a tile on the Azure Ibiza Portal, I should automatically be put into customization mode, OR, the tile should simply move where I drag it to, without entering the full customization mode. I'm not sure which implementation would be more practical, but I feel as if something should happen. Right now, it only selects text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Dashboard Tiles Icon Size Configuration Option

In the config options for the tile, add the ability to increase icon size to fill more of the available space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide a more secure login for administrative functions

Provide a consistent token based security model for Azure administration portals as Microsoft does in its other administration portals such as VLSC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Link resources were easier to add and remove on the old portal.

Link resources (like mysql databases) were easier to add and remove on the old portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. progress bar location

The progress bar of any activity is shown under the alerts bell menu. I think it should be put down together with the action notification banner.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please show the resoureces consumption

Resources, specifically compute and storage are limited per subscription.
    Having a view that shows how many compute and storage resources are available on a subscription helps planning.
    This view existed in the old portal (https://manage.windowsazure.com/microsoft.com#Workspaces/AdminTasks/ShowUsage) but is missing from the new one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Storage charts pinned to dashboard should show the storage account name

When pinning multiple storage account metrics to the dashboard, it is impossible to know which account each belongs too.

Other metrics (ie Web Apps) display an identifying name associated with that metric

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When troubles occur to my environment on Azure, please send the notification email automatically from Azure Platform.

When troubles occur to my environment on Azure, please send the notification email automatically from Azure Platform.
    AWS provieds this function, and which is quite useful for user.
    As for Azure, without sending inquiry to support, customers cannot know what happens in Azure environment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Manage two azure resources at once

Currently if I want to manage two of my azure resources I have to open each one sequentially or open two browser windows. Ideally I'd like to be able to open the blade for both resources side by side, and dismiss all the blades that I used to navigate to the resource. I can then do side by side comparisons of settings etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to add generic links / url's to resources

The ability to add generic URLs with a label to any resource from the portal or Powershell. This is useful for linking to configuration documents, debugging procedures, external inventory systems, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to share charts and dashboards to use them as embedded controls on external web pages.

Would be ideal to share interactive charts and dashboards to embedded them on external webpages. Refresh time, date ranges and time granularity will be configurable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to browse for existing resources when entering parameters in Resource Group Template

It would be nice to allow browsing for an existing network/subnet (in different resource groups) or storage account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. logon should be easy

It is possible to log on but than I get : You have signed out elsewhere. Click OK to log out from the management portal. This is on . And I have cleared the cookies.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base