Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make management of endpoints (inbound security rules) in VMs more visible/accesible in the Portal

Finding where to set up inbound security rules for a VM isn't intuitive. I couldn't find where it was, and it's because it's nine links deep from where I was looking for it ( Virtual Machines --> (VM name) --> Settings --> Network Interfaces --> (interface name) --> Settings --> Network security group --> (group name) --> Settings --> Inbound security rules).

I believe it's an often used setting, so there should be some shortcut or option from the VM administration. I found the answer on Stack Overflow, and it had 67 votes at the time:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31965713/how-i-add-new-endpoints-to-my-vm-on-new-azure-portal-preview?lq=1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure Portal should provide indication when attemping to incorrectly import a database

Last weeek, I uploaded a 3 gigabyte SQL Server 2014 backup file (a .BAK file, not a BACPAC file) and instructed Azure to Import an Azure SQL database from it.

The import process began and an empty database was created - the Notifications area in the portal said it was still running. I assumed everything was fine because it created an empty database. After waiting 12 hours I contacted support to find out what happened because the database was still empty - I never received a failure notification message of any kind.

I didn't realise that you could only restore…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. ability to select virtual machine location (country) instead of the area (East US, East Asia, etc)

ability to select virtual machine location (country) instead of the area (East US, East Asia, etc) when creating a new virtual machine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show total number of resources in a given view

As the number of resources grows the views inside the portal can become more complex and difficult to visually comprehend/manage/keep track off. One simple way to improve this would be to show the number of items in any given view. For example in the "Resource Group" blade at the top it would be good to show the number of resources groups there are. As this list grows it can stretch beyond the bottom of the screen and difficult to see how many there are. Showing the number is a quick way to see how many there are, but also to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Different Deployment Credentials for subsites

Please allow Azure web site owner to create different Deployment Credentials for subsites. Each deployment credential can manage the assigned subsite only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Having subscribed for the first tme ever on azure - how about an "IN YOUR FACE" link of what to do first - there's nothing - NotEvenInSearch

This has probably been mentioned before by every 'newbie' There's no help in the search. There's no link on the first screen - what to do now? There's nothing pre-configured - basically I'm glad it's free because I don't think I'll be using this garbage - haven't got time to wade through faq's (NOT THAT FAQ EXISTS EITHER) - just a simple link or a wizard (you know the type that most programmers use to set up unfamiliar applications for first time users) - just the simple things to get one started - would be nice! (and even say imperative)…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. nueva catalogacion de los sevicios segun el "XaaS"

Creo muy ideal el catalogar los servicios actuales bajo las definiciones teóricas de modelo IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Por ejemplo, bajo el marco IaaS se asocian los servicios de virtual machine, etc, bajo el marco de PaaS se asocian los servcios de SQL, Hadoop, etc. Bajo el marco de DaaS se asocian servicios como Intune, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Play a MIDI file while the portal loads

While waiting for the portal to load it would be nice if a MIDI file could be played to make the experience more exciting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Action buttons take too much space

The "Add", "Columns", "Refresh", etc buttons at the top of the blades eat a lot of vertical real estate considering how often one needs to press it.

Consider a smaller band that expands upon mouse hover... (or putting them next to the blade title).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. allow multiple sources for a graph on the dashboard

Currently for example you can only have data on a graph regarding one thing such as "Website" but you can add multiple different bits of information, such as data in, data out and request but as soon as you mix types e.g counts and Data the axis become unreadable.

If you could join a graph across multiple websites (or similar objects) then you could have one graph with multiple lines on it all related to the request count for different websites you currently own. This would mean less graphs needed to display the same data on the dashboard and would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Azure CLI to generate a SAS URL for the OS VHD URL in the Azure Publishing Portal

I'd like to use the Azure CLI to generate a SAS URL for the OS VHD URL in the Azure Publishing Portal (w/ sr=c and sp=rl). This will allow SAS URL generation in Ubuntu. Note that Azure Storage Explorer 6 Preview 3 can only run in Windows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. fix https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/AppPasswords.aspx and allow/deny ampersands

If you enter an ampersand (&) in the name of an App Password e.g. "Lync & Outlook" it becomes impossible to view any app passwords (example Correlation ID: 93827f0a-d8ea-4cd6-90e0-54e9db5ee0a3)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Come up with a more professional way to provide access to a SOC2 report for our customers.

Currently the only way for my customers to access a SOC2 is through the trust portal. So, I have to tell my customers (hospitals) to go out and find the person (among their 5,000 employees) that is the administrator on their office account and get the report themselves. OR tell them to sign up for a free trial of Office 365. Both are terrible solutions and really unprofessional. Your old process was to have them sign an NDA. Why not put together an online NDA, have them sign it then allow them to pull down the report?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add links to docs/schemas in the Resource Explorer

I am using the sample templates and resource explorer to guide me building relative simple template from a group out team have deployed. To me, it is a very difficult even a simple resource group, as I cannot find documents of the template for the services, not mention the description of each properties defined in the template.
    Maybe you can check how AWS document their CloudFromation. It is easy to search and read, and with samples associate with each of their service (called resource type). It is much easier to follow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Return back the old portal, the new one is very slow, look-like heavy, and un-usable.

The new portal is very slow may that's because every new section has a ajax request with some bad JS transitions. I don't know actually who designed for you this !
    Also to reach for one thing i should search for a long long time to find it.
    That's a bas user experience. I think you didn't test this design with ABC test for testing it's usability.
    The old portal was had a good user experience and beauty design.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. improve search & filtering features in all Microsoft tools, services, forums and documentation to enhance customer experience/productivity.

I suggest you … improve search & filtering features in all Microsoft tools, services, forums and documentation to enhance customer experience and productivity.

I suggest we need to significantly improve all the search, filtering and sort features in all the Microsoft tools, services, forums, yammer, sharepoint and all documentation in Azure in order to enhance customer/employee experience and productivity. I can't believe we don't provide faceted search in 2016 for our own documentation pages. Basically these ideas should be part of ANY application design best practices. We own Bing Search, and have Azure cloud, so I am hoping it should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We can do this, if it’s a popular request, but it would only apply the very first time you create something in the portal. After you create one resource, we remember the location for all future resources. Let us know if you aren’t seeing this somewhere.

20. Clean and non-confusing documentation, stable platform

Clean and non-confusing documentation and uniform access across old portal, new portal, preview portal. Have the infrastructure solid and fast and stable platform

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base