Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Send email to user notifying them of new permissions

A customer asked about this and it seems like a reasonable ask. When we create a new user, we can send them their username\password, but often times this is before they have any permissions to do anything (At least in classic portal).

It would be nice if the user creation and adding permissions journey included sending updates to permissions. This could also be considered a security best practice. Preferably though, I think it would be best to have a "Notify user via email" check box when you modify permissions would be a nice feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Checkbox list to initialize Services per subscription

Today every time I need to create a new subscription I need to create all eligible resources once in the portal as admin before the resource group owners can use them. We need an easier way to enable and also disable resource types per subscription.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be really nice if the old (far better) portal usability could be retained.

It just took me 20 minutes (and about 30 Google searches) to find the Create VM from Image functionality. It moved, and there is no hint at where it went.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Finish merging 2 portals

Like to know when the migration of all features will be done into Portal.azure.com. Kind of a pain having to go between the 2 portals to do different things.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Fix "Pin to Dashboard" so that it displays the correct icon and information.

The current Pin to Dashboard should do 5 things:
    1. Pin a tile
    2. Give it a name of the source item
    3. Create a link to the source
    4. Display an icon of the object
    5. For VMs, display the state

Items 4 and 5 are incorrect when you select a VM by first selection a Resource or VM on the left side of the portal. Either of these actions takes you to a list that includes one or more VMs. You can click on the three dots and then Pin. 4 and 5 fail. The icon is the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Is there an SDK for Ibiza portal which we can extend?

The scenarios covered in this portal is similar to what we wanted to light up for an internal operational business dashboard and planning to extend if there is an SDK for the same.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. UI does not update on template creation

When creating a template that creates a new resource group and a number of resources, the UI does not update to include all the resources in the group. The deployment status does not update with the steps completed or in-process. Hitting refresh on the blade of the resource group does show the created resources, not sure why it does not update on its own, which is the expected behavior. The deployment status is not udpdated until the browser itself is refreshed. The expected behavior is to update automatically or at least when the refresh button on the resource group blade…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Password generation (ORIGINAL: Генерация пароля)

TRANSLATED:
    Add to your portal password generation in the place where you want to enter a password when registering the application.

ORIGINAL:
    Добавьте на портал возможность генерации пароля в месте где нужно вводить пароль при регистрации приложения.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. No option to auto arrange tiles?

Why not provide a button to auto arrange tiles? Sort them based on name, creation date, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. View your full email and/or subscription at the top

I use multiple email addresses with different email domains to manage multiple accounts. Some accounts have multiple subscriptions to them.

However, the space where the email address is displayed at the top too small. I can't tell which email I'm looking at.

And if you have multiple subscriptions, there isn't a way to know which subscription is which because it only shows the id -- not the organization it is associated with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. While clicking "checkout new portal" link is displaying Launch button after that clicking "Credit status" link then you should hide first .

Azure Dashboard when i am clicking "checkout new portal" link is displaying Launch button.But at the same if i click "Credit status" link, it is hiding behind Launch button message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How this for a crazy idea...getting the ASL to the standard of the old classic portal BEFORE releasing it and forcing customers to use it.

So many features in the classic portal that are not available in the ASL it is ridiculous that it has been release at this level. the Microsoft default answer of "services are being worked on" does not cut it in the corporate world. BASIC things like the ability to move VM's between vNETS like i could in classic, can do on premise, can do in AWS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to visualize your Azure engagement

I have ended up managing many Azure resources (my own and customers') attached to many accounts (including my work and personal account that have the same email). I find it very difficult to get an overview of what engagement I have. What account do I use to manage that resource? What am I allowed to do here? What subscriptions do I have? What directory is connected to this account? I am also struggling with understanding the basic structure of Azure (admins roles, subscriptions etc). It would be helpful to get some kind of overview of my different engagements. Perhaps a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Computer name field in Azure portal

Hi, I want to put and enhancement request which enable me to find details about a VM through Computer names. we have several monitoring tools configured and it pick up computer name . So, sometimes it gets difficult to understand which machine it is since cloud service can be same for different environments.

Please let me know can we incorporate this details in azure portal view.

Thanks,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. De convolute the various aspects of the Azure Portal(s)

The integration from Visual Studio for managing service and app instances is really good - and I think our developers are largely satisified.

However, when anyone has to use the Portal to manage subscriptions, invoices, logins, rights & roles, I get a stream of complains.

It really is very convoluted, especially when you get redirected to another portal that doesn't even look the same. You could do a lot to clean that mess up.

I'm reminded of the HCI mantra "Recognition over Recollection" ;-)

Gerry.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make Azure services work for paying customers.

I just upgraded as my trial expired. I'm unable to configure my API management service (just hangs, service is stopped). Apparently I don't have support as a paying customer. Frustrating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. disable Windows Server licensing on the classic VM's within the Azure environment. The fact that the "License had expired" was the problem.

I noticed the "The Windows Server license has expired" message in the bottom right-hand corner of my classic VM screen. I didn't pay any attention to it. Afterall, I'm just using the VM on the "pay-as-you-go" plan. Azure, VM and Windows Server are all owned by Microsoft. How could Microsoft's license expire on its own software??? Anyway, this was causing the VM to abruptly restart every hour, on the hour. To say the least, this was annoying. To add insult to injury, I'm having to pay for the CPU cycles involved in each re-boot. Also, it takes about 10 minutes…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bux Fix. Sign in asked twice or more

Each time I visit portal.azure.com I am asked to sign in, when I click on an account(selecting with what email to sign in(Also why display alies to emails, since both or more are basically binded to same account)), page reloads, need to click on same account twice some times more to sign in

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base