Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Style your forms for crying out loud. Also, not everything needed to be designed like the gd start menu in Windows.

Design your forms. Style them. Make them not look plain and terrible. Also, Azure does not need a start menu feel and especially one that looks like window 2000...

Finally, why am I paying to run the for container/VM orchestration? Amazon's beanstalk makes it easy to spin up instances and I don't have to pay to run the orchestration layer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Number of results returned

Have the option to set the number of results to be returned on screen on any given blade.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. azure for ms imagine premium does not work

Please provide procedure for MS Imagine Premium student members to access their Azure program benefits.

I login with my MS Imagine account and it says oops, need to be a dreamspark member - not so - the account is registered as a dreamspark premium member.

please advise

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Incluir SERVIDORES sql server en el panel izquierdo o desde la vista de bases de datos. La primera te puedes liar buscando el servidor.

Incluir acceso directo a servidores sql server, desde la vista de la base de datos.
    El primer uso, despista el icono de base de datos con el de servidor.
    Al intentar buscar FIREWALL me costó localizarlo por esta tonteria.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow me to cancel subscriptions

for subscriptions that are past due or I don't want to pay for, it will be nice to be able to cancel and not see anymore in the portal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ADD A WAY TO CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION IN SETTINGS!!!!!!!!!

Give users a way to CANCEL THEIR SUBSCRIPTION in settings to avoid having to go to forums like this!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I only signed up to Azure as it is supposed to work with IPv6 but after 3 days of my developer costs and Azure developer support cost! I'm

I only signed up to Azure as it is supposed to work with IPv6 but after 3 days of my developer costs and Azure developer support cost! I'm now having to use another Cloud host which has cost me more money in set up !
    To make things worse i now have to spend time cancelling all this service as you keep charging me for something that doesn't work and it seem impossible to get in contact with billing to cancel it . NOT HAPPY !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow selection of VM type by Family on new VM creation

When creating a new machine allow to show VM types by selecting the Family type (A-F-G-etc) preferred along with recommended types

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Moving Resources between Resource Groups and other Subscriptions

In the Move resources option there should be check boxes enabled for Select/Unselect all the resources that we are planning to move to other Subscriptions and Resource groups within same subscriptions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. add a vidio for young Clients of Azure on how to use them

add a vidio for young Clients of Azure on how to use them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Private static IP address during VM creation

It would be nice to have the option to assign a private static IP address while we select the options to create a VM using the new portal (not using the classic portal, and not via powershell).

At the moment, it's possible to create some of the components of a VM (Network Security Group, Address Space, Storage Account, etc) prior creating the VM itself and assign them to it... all but the network interface. No matter what you end up having a randomly generated NIC with a dynamic IP address (which you can change afterwards to static).

As a matter…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. uptime

If we have a metrics which show the total running time (uptime) , downtime of an app service.

And also if we have the total breakdowns happened for a month/week/ year and a

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Moile App to Manage VMs

As running VMs when not in use is not economical and people tend to forget shutting down their VMs or may get occupied else where and unable to connect back to portal.

If there is a APP from where we can start or shutdown our VMs is very useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Moving resource groups - have an "uncheck all" box

currently, if i want to move 1 thing to a different resource, i have to uncheck allt he other resources. this is unfeasible when there are a lot of things in one resource group. there needs to be an "uncheck all" button

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Azure CLI should support setting app service plans' scaling rules

currently, scaling rules cannot be set via CLI

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Portal should show restrictions for table and queue when selecting ZRS

Even if selecting General-purpose Storage Account,selecting ZRS disable table and queue.
    This should be shown on portal when selecting ZRS,or portal panel of Storage should show that.
    I lost several hours to investigate this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Navigation

The Azure system's choise of services and their navigation confuse a new user. Getting started has to start with the selection of the purpose for which the account has been registered and lead man to the final result, adding to the choice of services as loading, adapt and improve its services, website, etc. If you think it reasonable to write me an email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. ability to find resources by owner/creator user

In a shared subscription, ability to find the resources created by me would help manage them easily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Password/credentials manager inside azure portal

Password/credentials manager inside azure portal which helps quickly get it, and no need to remember/capture for each and every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base