Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have "latest" for version of PHP (or .net/Java/Python) selectable in application settings

It would be nice to be able to select "latest" as version of PHP in the WebApp application settings. This would avoid having to go to each of the many WebApps one can host and change the version to the latest one available manually once it is published.
    People not sure their WebApp is compatible with "latest" can always select a specific version isntead.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: When VM DSC Extension fails to provision, the "Deployment Started..." bar in the notifications dropdown doesn't go away.

While trying to get Azure VM DSC Extension to provision succesfully with my DSC, I inevitably have a lot of failed provisions.

But when this happens, the "Deployment Started..." bar in the notifications dropdown in the portal never goes away. It doesn't notify me that the provision failed either, I have to click on that ongoing deployment notification, and it takes me a new window where it says that it has failed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. If a person login from US internet, we will not have an option to select other country, there should be an option to select different countr

If a person login from US internet, we will not have an option to select other country, there should be an option to select different country

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Deployment history UI/UX improvement

Currently there is a way to dig into the deployment history of the resources within the resource group.

It is unclear how linked templates connect to a single deployment. e.g. templates authored according to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/best-practices-resource-manager-design-templates#capacity-and-capability-scoped-solution-templates

1. It would be great to see the linked templates as graph type overview. Maybe inspired by the app map in application insights.

2. It is possible to pass parameters that are full json objects. It would be nice to have a way to view these json object parameters.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Trash the "new" UI and go back to the "old" UI that worked. This is unusable!!

I'm so tired of being the beta tester for ALL THINGS MICROSOFT!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. when adding new development slots, they will be copied from the original service.

when adding new development slots the slot is empty and need to insert code from 0.
    I would like to make it more easy and the original service will be copied to that slot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. By giving the user choice

How about giving me the option to choose the Windows Server OS I want? and then after that, give me the choice to pick the Virtual Machine I want? I know, user choice.. mindblowing..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Properly monetize the Azure Portal technology

Let's face it. You've built the new portal architecture so that you can scale to ∞ services and you've done this by leveraging LESS, TypeScript and Knockout. You've also sandboxed the extensions development so that a single extension cannot go on and destroy the whole experience.

A lot of people already have requested you to open source the portal design. Also, you have clients using the portal who aren't satisfied because they can't quickly find what they're looking for or having all their key information they're looking for simply cannot be put in the same view.

So I urge you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Progress notification in alert bell menu

progress notification goes out if i refresh the browser or if i log on with other browser i can't see what activity is in progress in my azure portal alert bell. it would be better if it is real time push from server irrespective of browser session.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to pin a query on dashboard, when the result of the query has no records as well

Ability to pin a query on dashboard, when the result of the query has no records as well

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make VM RDP a bit easier

I created a VM, went to open it and have no idea what my username is. Perhaps make it easy to find account details would be nice

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Get rid of pesky feedback window

Please stop asking me to give feedback every time I do something in Portal. If I have closed the window without giving an answer five times I probably am never going to give feedback. It is as annoying as the Office "I see you are trying to write a letter" Assistant

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to use Windows Home/Professional editions

Ability to use Windows Home/Professional editions - without an MSDN license. I'm not a dev so I don't have an MSDN subscription. I usually use Browserstack.com to test web apps - but it would be nice to purchase a few VM slots in standard windows versions so I can outfit them with some custom testing applications that Browserstack.com doesn't have - and maybe set them up with Selenium grid + webdrivers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Auto save in API Management Policy editor

A couple of times now I've lost work whilst editing policies. If you session times out whilst you researching or checking stuff you can lose work. Or if you internet connection is disconnected and the portal notices it wants to reload the page with UI blocking prompt.

An auto save feature that stored a "recoverable" version of the policy you was editing, like Word does for documents? Then when accessing policy again you could select to recover or start with original again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Get rid of the "extension" resources in the portal

During the last couple of days, the portal has been changed so that all "extension" resources are surfaced directly in the portal. This provides absolutely no valu, and just clutters an already cluttered ui even more. For vm extensions, there's no way to see the extension log using the new resources, these are still surfaced thru the vm resource. So: Ged rid of these resources, or at least provide an option to hide them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Should have facility to send copy of my recent bill to my communication email address at anytime

Should have facility to send copy of my recent bill to my communication email address at anytime

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base