Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sorting the virtual machines based on running status.

In the portal.azure.com, when we view the virtual machine resources, it is getting listed by the name of the VM, status, resource group, location, subscription. Where we are allowed to sort the resources by name, location, resource group, location, subscription but not by the status. It would be great if we have this. This will help the infra maintenance engineers while collecting data from the portal

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Incremental Deployment of ARM templates

When deploying a template via URI (http://portal.azure.com/#create/Microsoft.Template.....), allow through a parameter or other mechanism the ability to deploy in either Complete or Incremental mode. It appears as though it only wants to do Complete.

This is an issue in that you cannot put a storage account in a template with a server build, where you intend multiple servers to utilize the same storage. The second, and subsequent, builds fail validation through the portal saying that the storage already exists. When run via powershell, it deploys fine.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Limit what's visible in the portal based on RM policies

Currently, the Azure portal shows all available resources and all available regions. It would be great if we can curate what's visible in the portal based ARM policies. For instance, if I have a policy that limits what regions I can provision my resources into, the portal should only show the allowable resources. Currently, the user won't know there's a restriction until they try to provision something outside of an allowable region. This causes user frustration, confusion, and most importantly, time.

Other use cases:
    If I restrict access to only compute, networking, and storage service providers, those should be the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Email / name in menu bar

Allow to choose between email address or full name in the portal in the top menu bar

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. share deep link to resource in portal

linking to a resource to track and include resource details with development in Visual Studio Online.
    primarily to have convenient way for SCRUM and teams to access important details about their environment for dev, break/fix, and reviews.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. fix the looping session timeout

While browsing the options for my new azure account the portal session timed out (not expected because I was clicking on things). The option to login and continue refreshed the screen, but was immediately followed by the session timing out again. This repeated a half dozen times until I finally was able to click the logout menu item before the time our. Windows live then complained that it failed to log me out of several services. I kept trying with the same behavior. At one time windows live suggested I close my browser and clear my cookies. Huh?

I think…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Microsoft CDN overwrites client IP-address

We had few days ago an attack on our website and to detect the IP address from aggressor, we enabled the client IP tracking in Application Insights.

Information about enabling:
    https://apmtips.com/blog/2016/07/05/client-ip-address/
    https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/azure/azure-monitor/app/ip-collection

To deliver efficiency the webpage content, do we use Microsoft CDN instead direct traffic on web app.

Dataflow schema:
    1. Browser > CDN (content expired) > web app

|

Browser < CDN (content updated) <

Standard dataflow:
    1. Browser > web app

|

Browser <

We detected, that the in AI tracked client Ip-address is when we use the Microsoft CDN the ip address of Microsoft Frontdoor application.…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to Sort Azure Devices by Column

The Device List in Azure does not have any capability for sorting by column. Seems like this should be an easy no-brain feature. Currently I have to copy and paste to Excel just to sort by column...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow horizontal scrolling on a pageable grid

The way that Scrolling is currently implemented, it forces both a vertical and horizontal scrolling.
    We would like to use paging for getting more rows, and horizontal scrolling to enable the user to add many columns, and still see them clearly.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Advanced capability of sorting favorites (in left panel in Azure Portal)

Customizable favorite panel (left favorite menu within Azure Portal);
    - Enable Grouping favorites (max one "folder" deep)
    - Sorting favorites (within groups) in alphabetical order
    - Capability to add a divider line

For example you can create sectors like
    - Security / Monitoring
    - Networking
    - Compute
    - Storage
    - IAAS
    - PAAS
    - SAAS
    - Billing
    - etc

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide Rename option to all resources,

If Azure will provide the rename/edit option to resources, that's good feature. because if any infrastructure changes need then we can't do that, again we have to create new resource with new resource name.please provide option to edit r modify the resource names

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remove the feedback prompt when deleting a Resource Group.

Or at least have an option available to not be prompted for feedback every time you delete a Resource Group.

As I am developing solutions in Azure, I have to constantly deploy, delete and redeploy resource groups (and their respective resources) on an almost daily basis.

While I understand the requirement to get legitimate feedback from customers that remove their Resources from Azure; getting prompted constantly when I do is an annoyance.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Notes panel on dashboard

I miss notes panel on dashboard.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Custom Branding

Company branding customizations would be a huge plus! Similarly to how this is possible in the Azure AD sign-in/access pages, would love to have the ability to include a custom logo and/or other branding in the Azure portal itself.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adaptive color theme - dark for night, light for day! ~:D

after sunset it should turn to dark colors to avoid eyestrain! this is brilliant idea and I use it myself in most of my apps!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow to change & permanently save predefined Time range in Azure dashboard

This is a big problem for us as this dashboard is used by our incident management team, who is watching this screen, which is auto-refreshed each 15 minutes and time range is always set back to predefined custom range.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. In Dashboard, custom timespan does not work correctly for App Insight query tiles

In Dashboard, normally the timespan of the tiles is defined at dashboard-level, but this can be overridden on a per-tile basis.

However, the "from date" does not behave correctly when it's earlier than 1 month from today, even though the UI is correct.

For example, today is 26th Feb, and if I set the from date to any date before 27th Jan (e.g. 1st Jan), it will use 27th Jan to perform the query instead.

This makes the custom timespan useless for many use cases.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Issues With Sandbox Activation (Microsoft Learning)

When I activate a sandbox on Microsoft learning, every time I need to refresh the browser refresh to reflect the resourcegroup/ resources etc to be listed on the page. If I click the refresh button on top of the bar inside the each of the pages, it doesn't list.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Programatically configure Azure Portal favorites

When onboarding new users, I'd like to be able to set a default set of favorites in the portal for a particular user or group, ideally programatically.

This would afford more control over the onboarding experience (we could remove things that are universally denied by policy, or introduce grades of user (novice and expert) and therefore be able to tailor the default setup accordingly.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to edit runbook parameters

Ability to edit runbook parameters, without deleting and recreating the schedule.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base