Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tile background color

It would be useful if we could assign a background color to tiles. This could be used in visualizing/categorizing services, customers or various deployment stages. Imagination really.

See attached screenshot.
    Mabye as a start?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for paging on tiles

Taking the Billing tile on the dashboard: the billing information is being automatically cycled between the subscriptions, but it would be good if the user could just cycle between them or pause the auto-cycling.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Portal page title should include unread notification count and/or use Web Notifications API

The title of the portal should include the number of unread notifications (much like a number of webmail sites do for new emails).
    Furthermore, if your browser supports W3C Web Notifications ( http://www.w3.org/TR/notifications/ ) we should be using those too.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  2 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Apply CanNotDelete or ReadOnly locks to Azure App Registrations in AAD

We utilise Locks on various resources to stop our core development and production resources being accidentally deleted, however, the same ability to apply a lock to Azure App Registrations in AAD would be beneficial

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New Function: Export resource group as terraform file.

It should be possible to export a current resource group deployment as a terraform file, azure cli statements or azure powershell statements.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

6. Issues With Sandbox Activation (Microsoft Learning)

When I activate a sandbox on Microsoft learning, every time I need to refresh the browser refresh to reflect the resourcegroup/ resources etc to be listed on the page. If I click the refresh button on top of the bar inside the each of the pages, it doesn't list.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Important announce should use notification in azure.

Important announce is not use blog, but should use notification in azure.

Now, I can not use TCP 25port because I migrated subscription to MSDN.

Recentry I read this blog.
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mast/2017/11/15/enhanced-azure-security-for-sending-emails-november-2017-update/

If this announce would be not blog, but would be notification in azure, I didn't migrate my subscription.

I hope important announce will be notification in azure because I can not notice blog released.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hide Email in Upper Right

To help comply with anti-doxxing patterns, it would be nice to have the option to hide email in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

I'm recording/streaming coding content and wish to show some Azure work without giving away my email. Options like "Name only", "Name and Email", or "Email only" would save me a lot of effort

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Azure Portal ARM Templates (Preview)

Direct GitHub access from within Azure Portal for downloading/uploading or synchronizing ARM templates between Azure Portal and GitHub.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. UI for Resource Policy Management and Policy Aware for resource creation in portal

Azure Resource Policy is a great feature for enterprise customers to enforce their resources in a compliant state. However, there is no user interface to view policy definitions and assignments in a given scope. Also, the UI don't respect policy at all but only give an error after the deployment is submitted.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. How about something more informative than "something went wrong"?

The portal shows that "Something went wrong," but really, that's not helpful. I think it's trying to show a virtual machine that no longer exists, but how is anyone supposed to figure that out if the message is as vague as "something."

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Impersonate users for Admin

I suggest that a "Impersonate" feature be added for portal administrators. Like in ServiceNow, this feature would allow an administrator to test the permissions/role granted to users within a group. This would allow the admin to see exactly what the user is sees.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Advanced capability of sorting favorites (in left panel in Azure Portal)

Customizable favorite panel (left favorite menu within Azure Portal);
    - Enable Grouping favorites (max one "folder" deep)
    - Sorting favorites (within groups) in alphabetical order
    - Capability to add a divider line

For example you can create sectors like
    - Security / Monitoring
    - Networking
    - Compute
    - Storage
    - IAAS
    - PAAS
    - SAAS
    - Billing
    - etc

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. HTTP error 400. The size of the request headers is too long

BUG: HTTP error 400. The size of the request headers is too long

Azure portal has a bug which ften returns only a blank page with:
    HTTP error 400. The size of the request headers is too long

The problem seems to be related to a cookies named OpenIdConnect.nonce.* . If I clena them this will work fine till next time...

Thanks,
    Patrick Marques

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow group policy to be managed from Azure

It should be possible to manage group policies from Azure.

As per the comments at the bottom of this thread, it's not possible.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory-domain-services/active-directory-ds-admin-guide-administer-group-policy

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Include tenant name in Azure Portal's URL

It would be great if the URLs to the portal contained Tenant's name / ID, because when you share it to external co-workers, they would get switched to the correct tenant and subscriptions.

So instead of having:
    https://portal.azure.com/#resource/subscriptions/bc517954-9e1f-44ea-9399-32e3b62546c6/resourceGroups/crm/overview
    you would have:
    https://portal.azure.com/#tenantId/resource/subscriptions/bc517954-9e1f-44ea-9399-32e3b62546c6/resourceGroups/crm/overview

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Easier deployment and updating multiple apps in Intune

I want to deploy the same applications (e.g. OneDrive) to multiple platforms - Android for Business, Android, and iOS. Currently, this requires creating, configuring, and assigning a separate application for each one. With many applications, this becomes very time consuming and pointless. I would like to see either a way to combine multiple "deployment types" for each platform into one application to assign to users, or at least a way to bulk assign these applications so updating group assignment is not so cumbersome.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. rename resources without the need of deallocating them.

Currently resources can't be renamed unless redeployed.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow scrolling the multiple blades that are open using the mouse scroll wheel.

When there is multiple blades/panes open and the horizontal scroll bar shows up, it woule be good if we can scroll from left to right using the vertical mouse scroll wheel.

If the blade/pane under the cursor has content that needs to be vertically scrolled, vertical scroll has the priority, once it reaches the limit, then scroll horizontally depending on the direction.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base