Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. HTTP error 400. The size of the request headers is too long

BUG: HTTP error 400. The size of the request headers is too long

Azure portal has a bug which ften returns only a blank page with:
    HTTP error 400. The size of the request headers is too long

The problem seems to be related to a cookies named OpenIdConnect.nonce.* . If I clena them this will work fine till next time...

Thanks,
    Patrick Marques

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to control Azure Portal Dashboards expiration time and make dashboards usable

Dashboards with it's current session expiration timeout are pretty much useless to be user as office dashboards and status monitoring. Most of the time session expires too soon and Office TVs show a "session expired, please refresh" message. Putting the tab with a dashboard on a cyclic refresh (e.g. "refresh this tab every 20 seconds") is not an option at all - new portal loading speed is horrendous, and the tab is cycled out from a view faster than it manages to display any useful diagrams or alerts.

This was not an issue in the past and came only in…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get rid of Delegated admin for CSP as a requirement, make an escalation route or allow proper security controls and monitoring

We have recently switched from MPSA to CSP. Now our CSP is advising that they need a delegated admin in your environment to manage our billing. We can remove the licenses and add them to the users but to remove them or add them from the tenant they must do that and in order to do that they need a full rights delegated admin which is a GA.

HOW IS THIS ACTUALLY A THING!!!!! Third party with full GA in our environment with no sort of security controls, password policies or anything in place. We don't want to be another…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable or Disable functionality for different resources within Resource Group.

I want to disable resources within a resource group when I am not using them.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. allow Work accounts to change Azure ADs for a Subscription

Here is one thing we find extremely annoying: Even though many of the Classic Portal features are getting ported to the new Portal, the ability to change the Azure AD for a Subscription is not available, yet. As if this would not be enough, it still requires a Personal Microsoft account. It's impossible with Microsoft Work accounts.

We are managing multiple Subscriptions in a single account and have a team - all with Work accounts - managing it. It is a shame, that we need to keep one Personal account, just because Work accounts cannot be used to associate Azure…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Classic portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Incremental Deployment of ARM templates

When deploying a template via URI (http://portal.azure.com/#create/Microsoft.Template.....), allow through a parameter or other mechanism the ability to deploy in either Complete or Incremental mode. It appears as though it only wants to do Complete.

This is an issue in that you cannot put a storage account in a template with a server build, where you intend multiple servers to utilize the same storage. The second, and subsequent, builds fail validation through the portal saying that the storage already exists. When run via powershell, it deploys fine.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Email / name in menu bar

Allow to choose between email address or full name in the portal in the top menu bar

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow group member list to be alphabetically sorted

When viewing the list of users in a group it looks like users are sorted by the order they where added to the group. Please add the ability for customized sorting, e.g. by username.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sorting the virtual machines based on running status.

In the portal.azure.com, when we view the virtual machine resources, it is getting listed by the name of the VM, status, resource group, location, subscription. Where we are allowed to sort the resources by name, location, resource group, location, subscription but not by the status. It would be great if we have this. This will help the infra maintenance engineers while collecting data from the portal

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. rename resources without the need of deallocating them.

Currently resources can't be renamed unless redeployed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove the feedback prompt when deleting a Resource Group.

Or at least have an option available to not be prompted for feedback every time you delete a Resource Group.

As I am developing solutions in Azure, I have to constantly deploy, delete and redeploy resource groups (and their respective resources) on an almost daily basis.

While I understand the requirement to get legitimate feedback from customers that remove their Resources from Azure; getting prompted constantly when I do is an annoyance.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Limit what's visible in the portal based on RM policies

Currently, the Azure portal shows all available resources and all available regions. It would be great if we can curate what's visible in the portal based ARM policies. For instance, if I have a policy that limits what regions I can provision my resources into, the portal should only show the allowable resources. Currently, the user won't know there's a restriction until they try to provision something outside of an allowable region. This causes user frustration, confusion, and most importantly, time.

Other use cases:
    If I restrict access to only compute, networking, and storage service providers, those should be the…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Notes panel on dashboard

I miss notes panel on dashboard.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Custom Branding

Company branding customizations would be a huge plus! Similarly to how this is possible in the Azure AD sign-in/access pages, would love to have the ability to include a custom logo and/or other branding in the Azure portal itself.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. How about something more informative than "something went wrong"?

The portal shows that "Something went wrong," but really, that's not helpful. I think it's trying to show a virtual machine that no longer exists, but how is anyone supposed to figure that out if the message is as vague as "something."

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Adaptive color theme - dark for night, light for day! ~:D

after sunset it should turn to dark colors to avoid eyestrain! this is brilliant idea and I use it myself in most of my apps!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Unsaved changes to a dashboard blocks basic features

When using a shared dashboard and just testing changes/and or just wanting to change the timespan temporarily, the dashboard says there are unpublished changes and this blocks MANY features, like being able to make further edits, full screen, SEARCH, etc. There is no reason for a change to block so many features, especially if I want the change just locally for a short time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

18. Advanced capability of sorting favorites (in left panel in Azure Portal)

Customizable favorite panel (left favorite menu within Azure Portal);
    - Enable Grouping favorites (max one "folder" deep)
    - Sorting favorites (within groups) in alphabetical order
    - Capability to add a divider line

For example you can create sectors like
    - Security / Monitoring
    - Networking
    - Compute
    - Storage
    - IAAS
    - PAAS
    - SAAS
    - Billing
    - etc

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Always On should be improved

The Always On feature in App Services is designed to prevent IIS from sleeping by continually pinging the web endpoint. This works by sending a request to the app service endpoint, port 80, root path (/) but in several scenarios, this doesn't work. 1) If the service is https only 2) If traffic manager is protecting the sites, then TM pings it anyway and always on will instead route via TM and possibly not do what it should do. 3) If the root path is not available (e.g. one of my WCF services doesn't have anything at the root) then…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide Rename option to all resources,

If Azure will provide the rename/edit option to resources, that's good feature. because if any infrastructure changes need then we can't do that, again we have to create new resource with new resource name.please provide option to edit r modify the resource names

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base