Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide functionality to automatically generate SAS token when using https://portal.azure.com/#create/Microsoft.Template

We use the Azure DSC extension to invoke a configuration which downloads software from an Azure Files share. Unfortunately, we must either generate a SAS token in advance using powershell or entrust many administrators with one of the two owner access keys. It would be nice if there was a way for the custom create page or json ARM template language to have the ability to generate a temporary SAS token on the fly without leaving the custom create page.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dashboard tile auto arrangements

The locations of the tiles on the dashboard can easily become a mess. It would be great to have the same experience as in Windows 8 with the start screen (automatic tile arrangement, preview of the new tile arrangement when moving tiles, etc.).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export and Import Favorites List

We are working with many different Tenants. I would like to export and import my Favorites from a Tenant to another. I can imagine that that helps also other admins.

And if possible you can store the favorites in the CSP Tenant, so that I don't need to export/import first for a CSP admin. If I a network admin, I need the same Favorites for that in each customer tenant.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make names of the pinned items on Dashboard editable

Make names of the pinned items on Dashboard editable.
    For examples I have pipelines section pinned from different data factories on dashboard it would be good if I can name them differently. In general it would be easy if I can rename components pinned on Dashboard.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tie dashboards to user, not directory

I manage multiple subscriptions across directories. When I log into Azure I want to see, at a glance:
    1) a dashboard where I can put production services from all directories I am part of, so I can see *all* systems' status info without opening multiple tabs
    2) a dashboard where I can put dev/test service info from an MSDN subscription in our organization's directory, right next to production service info from our client's directory

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support for paging on tiles

Taking the Billing tile on the dashboard: the billing information is being automatically cycled between the subscriptions, but it would be good if the user could just cycle between them or pause the auto-cycling.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Portal page title should include unread notification count and/or use Web Notifications API

The title of the portal should include the number of unread notifications (much like a number of webmail sites do for new emails).
    Furthermore, if your browser supports W3C Web Notifications ( http://www.w3.org/TR/notifications/ ) we should be using those too.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  2 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Search resource based on dns name or ip address

Because azure now support custom dns name, is just so hard to find a resource based on them in the azure portal. It would be nice to be able to search any resouce based on the dns name or even better search them by using the ip address.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Important announce should use notification in azure.

Important announce is not use blog, but should use notification in azure.

Now, I can not use TCP 25port because I migrated subscription to MSDN.

Recentry I read this blog.
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mast/2017/11/15/enhanced-azure-security-for-sending-emails-november-2017-update/

If this announce would be not blog, but would be notification in azure, I didn't migrate my subscription.

I hope important announce will be notification in azure because I can not notice blog released.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create tree view in Portal for subscriptions, resource groups and resources

I'd like an easy way to quickly explore my deployed Azure services using a tree view like the left hand pane in Windows Explorer.
    I would expect the tree view to start at my current top level. By which I mean if I can see multiple subs then that would be the first layer of the tree, then resource groups, then resources.
    Clicking a resource will open the blade for that resource.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. UI for Resource Policy Management and Policy Aware for resource creation in portal

Azure Resource Policy is a great feature for enterprise customers to enforce their resources in a compliant state. However, there is no user interface to view policy definitions and assignments in a given scope. Also, the UI don't respect policy at all but only give an error after the deployment is submitted.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. last logon date

Need a last logon date option in azure portal in order to sort what users have been logged on lately.
    Currently only O365 products log this in the reports

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Azure Portal ARM Templates (Preview)

Direct GitHub access from within Azure Portal for downloading/uploading or synchronizing ARM templates between Azure Portal and GitHub.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tile background color

It would be useful if we could assign a background color to tiles. This could be used in visualizing/categorizing services, customers or various deployment stages. Imagination really.

See attached screenshot.
    Mabye as a start?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow scrolling the multiple blades that are open using the mouse scroll wheel.

When there is multiple blades/panes open and the horizontal scroll bar shows up, it woule be good if we can scroll from left to right using the vertical mouse scroll wheel.

If the blade/pane under the cursor has content that needs to be vertically scrolled, vertical scroll has the priority, once it reaches the limit, then scroll horizontally depending on the direction.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. More color options for portal

I think it's great for me to switch colors between subscriptions as I have been added to some customer subscriptions so I can set different set of colors based on which subscription is being used.

Currently you offer only 4 different schemes - there should be a lot more plus an option to customize (if I want a pink theme, please let me have it - with unicorns :)) This would be a great visual differentiator between subscriptions as I need to switch between them all the time just to remind me what I'm working with (e.g. green = development,…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Create deep links at subscription level, enabling users with multiple subscriptions to bookmark specific subscriptions

Create deep links at subscription level, enabling users with multiple subscriptions to bookmark specific subscriptions.

Nowadays, even using multiple Chrome profiles, it's hard to manage multiple subscriptions under the same MSA or AAD account. Service providers, consultants and support engineers could benefit from deep links on the interface, enabling them to bookmark specific subscriptions.

Filtering helps, but doesn't solve usability problems. It's hard to work with more than 5 subscriptions in the new portal.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Cost Management + Billing tiles to Dashboard

Add Cost Management + Billing tiles to Dashboard so that we can quickly see the cost on our dashboard.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Azure AD sign-in activity log should record and show sign-ins from service principal

Currently, Azure AD sign-in activity log only shows user activities. Sign-ins from service principal (certificate or client id/key) is not recorded. So it is difficult for customers to know if service principal is maliciously used by certificate or key leak.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Monitoring + troubleshooting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base