Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pin to Dashboard - Allow selection of Dashboard when pinning tile

When pinning a tile to a dashboard, for example the Cosmos Db Throttled Request Metric from Cosmos Db Account via Resource Group. The tile is always pinned to the last dashboard that was created.
    It would be great to click the Pin to Dashboard and then be able to choose which Dashboard to pin the tile to.
    We have a number of dashboards, including one for each customer.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search, sort and filter option needed. Much like Excel spreadsheet style auto filtering

I see hundreds of resources when click on all resources. Need ability to auto filter on type and the sort on various columns

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have done a lot of improvement on sorting and filtering aspect of “All resources” and tried to add most common filters on UI.

Are there any specifics you are looking for where we can Improve more on Sorting\Filtering on All resources?

Thanks,
    Portal Team

3. Auto refreshing tiles

Instead of having a button to refresh everything. It would be alot more useful if the tiles would just update with the latest info on its own.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Edit backup policy

I suggest that the interface allow the editing of backup policies avoiding the need to create new policy when the need to reset period and retention.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Todo tile, to guide me though action needed

Notification tells me about things that HAVE happened give me a place to tell me what I need TODO.

- System generated for things like Credit Card expiring, Cert Expiring etc.
    - Allow users to add TODO from Each Blade - For example Reminder to scale down after Promo ends on 12/15

Clicking on TODO should take them to where action can be performed

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Filter Item Wildcards For Easier Search Capabilities

When looking at a long list of several resources (all resources or items within a resource group) with long naming conventions there is no easy way to search/filter what you are looking for without spelling out the beginning of the resource.

It would be convenient to type: %item%prod% to be able to gather all resources containing that specific "item" and in "prod".
    i.e. itemeus1storageprod1

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Resource Group Template parameter validation

With so many different naming limitations between different object types, we need a way to validate parameters before submitting for deployment. An added bonus would be to allow us our own custom validation operations. Please note I am referring to parameter fields in the portal; not variables.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  4 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create custom guides in the Azure Quickstart Center for my organization

Being able to create custom guides that are interactive in the Azure Quicsktart Center for my organization or as an MSP

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

9. Option to have Portal Notifications as Destop Notifications

Option to have Notifications, like a successful deploy or failed deploy, as a desktop notification.

This would allow you to leave the portal and do other tasks while waiting for e.g. a large deploy. When the deployment is done you will see the notification on the desktop, while having the portal web page open in the background.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create a way to do custom reports for Azure Services Tiles

We have to do many reports (daily, weekly) to send to other teams and customers.
    For example, we need to generate a report to show the capacity of all the Storage Accounts, also its availability etc ... Right now we have to go to each STA, filter by dates, capture a screenshot of those tiles, compose a Powerpoint and send it through mail.
    It would be great to have Azure to have a "reporting" module to compose custom reports instead of all this manual process.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Restrict access to Portal by IP address

I have heard that many customers want to configure so that administrators can access to Azure management portal from defined IP address ranges.

I saw the following feedback, but it's actually ip address restriction for "MFA".
    http://feedback.azure.com/forums/223579-azure-preview-portal/suggestions/2297513-restrict-access-to-portal-by-ip-or-rsa-securid
    I want simple restriction capability for management portal access by IP address.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pin filtered resources to Azure Dashboard

In Azure you can filter your resources, e.g. resource groups, by certain filters like specific tags. It would be nice to pin that filtered list to your dashboard.
    Currently, it you filter a list in Azure and then pin it to the dashboard, it is pinned without the filters applied. This way you could pin dynamic lists, e.g. all resources tagged with your department tag.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Force default dashboard users

I would like an option to be able to create a dashboard, and force this as default for some users.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add information about avarage latency on Location selection blade

Right now - we have no information on a portal about latency from our current location to azure datacenters.
    For example- I'm in Saudi Arabia now, and based on a map- the closest datacenter to me is in India, but based on this http://www.azurespeed.com/ site- latency to north Europe will be less.

Please, show me some information on locations selection blade about latency to this datacenter.

It's important for customers, who is not super experienced with Azure, or who wanna deploy something new for a branch office for example

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Disable the ability to create free/trial subscription in Tenant with work or school account

I want to disable the ability to create free/trial subscription in our Tenant with work or school account, because we don’t want to manage resources created by users in a free/trial subscription.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Getting started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Custom info in Help

We are a large enterprise customer utilizing Azure and have some internal teams to help manage Azure as well as support agreements with Microsoft for support (including Azure and Azure development).

It would be a neat feature in the portal, in the Help area, to be able to customize some text for our own help. For example, I could see us customizing contact info for the EA admin(s), contact info for internal and external (MS) support, links to corporate SharePoint sites with Azure info and other project pages specific, governance/usage info, and billing info. I could see this information set…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Friendly Alias Names

Allow resources to have a friendly alias name inside the portal. Obviously it will not be used to access the resource, it will just make the portal easier to navigate. Also would only need to be unique to the one portal or subscription.

I don't mind if my Database is called fdstrdfs but let me find it by Product SQL Server...etc

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make Tags Searchable in portal

Allow tags to be searchable in the portal just like you are able to for any other resource. Right now the only option to see what resources have tag is via the Tags blade. Being able to search would be very helpful.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show resource Id in the azure portal too

Show the azure resource id of all the resources in the properties tab for all the resources. Many users are reluctant to run scripts and should be able to see the resource id directly in the UI.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Validate resource move without moving

Would like to have the option to validate a resource move (resource group and subscription) without actually moving the resources. This would allow us to troubleshoot any validation error preemptively and thus minimize the service window needed when moving resources.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base