Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When selecting a location, how to save as DEFAULT.

When creating a new VM, I have to choose my location each time - eg. I choose 'South-East Australia' everytime.

It would be good to have this as a "Portal Setting"

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

unplanned  ·  16 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export to CSV function for list/table views in new portal

Ideally all table/list views in the portal should be exportable to CSV. Other missing table/list features are more important (sorting/filtering) but exporting is very useful as well.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reduce the browser memory footprint, and elimnate the memory leaks.

There seem to be some rather significant memory leaks in the Portal Dashboard. I've made the mistake of leaving it running overnight a few times, and the browser process working memory use, with the portal being the only browser tab open is often in excess of 1.5 GB. This is with no tiles open. In a few cases, I could not unlock the computer and had to reach across the network to kill the iexplore.exe process before I could gain local access.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Customize color of metric graphs pinned to Dashboard

We use multiple dashboards extensively on large walled displays for operational center-like monitoring of key diagnostics to visualize servers and services.

The latest improvement to Azure Monitor and the metric graphs that are pinned to a dashboard are a great improvement, but the color-scheme of the chart lines and the legend of performance counters are now making harder to see key information.

Please add support to customize the color of each series line in a chart and also to customize the text of the series in the legend to be more legible.

Refer to the attached screenshot of a portion…

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  5 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notification should persist across browser refresh.

Notifications disappear from the list of notification on page refresh it seems. I would prefer dismissing them explicitly.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  6 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Document URLs necessary to configure corporate firewalls

Some companies block access to websites using their firewall and need to white-list specific URLs in order for the portal to work. Common errors that indicate firewall configuration issues include:

"Some subscriptions couldn't be retrieved"

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The portal uses cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) to communicate to back-end services directly from the browser. We are working with our partner teams to get a full list of URLs required to manage your resources in the portal. Here are a few known URLs:

*.azure.com
    *.azure.net
    *.windows.net
    *.azurecomcdn.net
    *.azureedge.net
    *.msecnd.net
    login.microsoftonline.com
    login.live.com

Third-party services:

*.sendgrid.com
    *.newrelic.com

Please let us know if we missed any.

7. Allow to move tiles from a dashboard to another dashboard

I'd like to unpin a tile from a dashboard and pin it to another dashboard. I.E. move tiles between different dashboards. As far as I know, today, the only solution is to remove the tile, switch to the other dashboard, search the element/graph/resource and pin again to the dashboard (the current one).

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support setting default Dashboard and sorting of the dashboards

Allow people to set the default Azure Portal dashboard and also provide sorting within the dashboard dropdown.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. creation date as a first order property for all resources and resource groups

If I have a list of resources or resource groups (retrieved via rest api), I want to be able to sort them by creation date. This would also be useful for portal.azure.com in that you too could add the creation date as a sortable row for all lists of resources and resource groups. This boilerplate feature is noticeably absent. Thank you.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create custom tiles

Now we have the option to create custom dashboards with tiles organized by related resources or team, Allowing us to create CustomTiles to customize our dashboards will improve the dashboard experience.

Our application use some administration pages to monitor application internal events like:
    Customer Registration, Customers Online, Notifications, etc.

If we could provide a json file or fill a form with all configurations needed to render the tile like:
    Type: Standard(icon and name), Chart(donnut, bar, etc)
    Tile Title
    Icon: Icon Url
    DataSource: Url that return a series of data to fill a Chart or for example the number of connected…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Consistent Status Column

In the old Portal, there was a "status" column under "All Items". In the new Portal, "Browse > All Items" does not have one, nor an option to add it. If you drill down into specific areas (Virtual Machines, Storage Accounts, Cloud Services, etc.), some have a "status" column while others do not. It would be nice to have the "status" column show up consistently in all areas, and to have it in "Browse > All Items" to make it easier to see what's running and what's idle / stopped. Thank you!

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  9 comments  ·  Search + navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a setting to select the timezone to be used across the portal

If I remember correctly, the old portal had a setting to use a specific timezone for all dates. I would like to have the option to select UTC to be used consistently, as it makes correlating with logs etcl. much easier.
    Currently, you have to select UTC e.g. in the monitor over and over again. Other places do not even provide the option to change the timezone.
    And no, changing the OS time to use UTC is not considered a practical workaround.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Refresh button for Azure dashboard

At present there is no way to refresh a table for eg. a table showing containers in a particular storage. I ran my script to add containers to a storage. Now I have to refresh the whole page to check is it was created or not. Same is the case with instances and most of the tables.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  6 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. show a graphic map of all resources i am using

see it all together:
    graphics map of all my resources,type,location,health,relations between each of them ,tip to relocate a resource to make it work better etc...
    like mssql diagram

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  4 comments  ·  Resource management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Consume an Azure Dashboard from a Sharepoint page

A customer would like to consume some Azure Dashboards from a Sharepoint page. It would be great to have kind of an Azure connector or a way to add the Azure Dashboard using the Embed Web Part.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add more information to the tiles

There's a lot of wasted space inside the tiles.
    For example, in a virtual machine tile, you could add the current public and local IP and the status (executing/stopped).

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Azure Portal Time Out Enforcement

would like to a way to force portal timeout via policy in the Azure Portal AND Azure Stack

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Auto logout after period of inactivity

Create option to auto-logout from portal after period (configurable) of inactivity.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pin to Dashboard - Allow selection of Dashboard when pinning tile

When pinning a tile to a dashboard, for example the Cosmos Db Throttled Request Metric from Cosmos Db Account via Resource Group. The tile is always pinned to the last dashboard that was created.
    It would be great to click the Pin to Dashboard and then be able to choose which Dashboard to pin the tile to.
    We have a number of dashboards, including one for each customer.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add name of creator and date created properties for all Azure resources

Add Azure resource (e.g., web app, sql dbase, doc dbase, container registry, AKS) properties including date resource was created, and user identifier of user who created the resource.

At this time there is no easy way to identify who created an Azure resource and when. Subscriptions can have many resources with many users working within the subscription, creating resources. In many cases tracking down who created a resources months after they were created is difficult as no one remembers who created it and why.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base