Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow us to use a TRUE password

When you change your password at logon (password reset) and you enter any invalid character (never documented), you cannot login anymore.
    Following my tests, a password must have 8-16 characters and NEVER have any of theses characters :
    ù µ £ € à é § è ç à ² ³

That make it easier for a brute force attack!
    Please, allow any printable characters and remove the limit of 16 characters max! We can have a TRUE secure password better than that !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: oidc
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. One more strategic to sustainable development

The concept of the 'Small Worm evolution Service' has come from one young man in Lao PDR. Despite being from a poor family, he has developed this amazing concept and uses it to help his community. Started a few years ago, this young man has shown the community that anyone can change things by being effective and functioning efficiently within the community. Providing a voluntary service to a community was a novel concept to his students, who were surprised to see his vision to provide help to communities without any personal benefit. This website is not created to run any…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Storage account share accessible through the web to the public (WAN)

I would require to get a storage account setup with a share that can be be easily opened (read) from a browser to the public with no access keys and mounting requirement out of the box. Like the possibility to create a web site with a file index.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Prices should be clearly stated when pressing the 'BUY' button

While being victim of an error in Azure platform, I decided to get help on that by purchasing a support subscription.
    When you do that, there is no indication about price.
    My mistake, I admit, because I purchased a standard (@253€/month) instead of Developer (@24€/month).
    Prices should be clearly stated when pressing the 'BUY' button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Send email to user notifying them of new permissions

A customer asked about this and it seems like a reasonable ask. When we create a new user, we can send them their username\password, but often times this is before they have any permissions to do anything (At least in classic portal).

It would be nice if the user creation and adding permissions journey included sending updates to permissions. This could also be considered a security best practice. Preferably though, I think it would be best to have a "Notify user via email" check box when you modify permissions would be a nice feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow notifications to be filtered by subscription

I am currently am a reader on about 11 subscriptions, but I typically don’t care about the noisy day to day alerts that take place in most of those subscriptions. I only really care to receive alerts on the two subscriptions I am responsible for.

Common alerts include
    * Failed Data Factory runs
    * App Insights WebTest Failures

I would like to be able to filter which notifications I care about, at the very least by subscription.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Alert on dashboard needed when account is disabled

So just recently my account got disabled because I hit my spending limit. What happened was that some of my blades (my app settings and the authentication/authorization blade) froze up. It was only after I'd raised a request with the Twitter support line that I realised it might have been my account. I checked and removed my spending limit, then after it had propagated through the servers my blades came online again.

If I'd had a clear alert on my dashboard I wouldn't have felt the need to go through support.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Play a MIDI file while the portal loads

While waiting for the portal to load it would be nice if a MIDI file could be played to make the experience more exciting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)