Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Blueprint w/ARM artifact w/securestring parameter breaks UI

According to this link (below), it is possible to specify an ARM artifact for an Azure Blueprint, within which 1+ parameters reference securestring values from an Azure KeyVault.

https://github.com/Azure/azure-rest-api-specs/blob/master/specification/blueprint/resource-manager/Microsoft.Blueprint/preview/2018-11-01-preview/blueprintDefinition.json

Specifically, see the "SecretValueReference" entity schema and it's corresponding relationship to the ARM artifact schema.

However, when defining a Blueprint with such attributes, it causes the blueprint blade to fail for that blueprint. Interestingly, the blades to edit the Blueprint and/or assign the Blueprint still work as expected.

To recreate, create an Azure Blueprint that includes an ARM template artifact. The ARM template artifact should load a securestring from a Key…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. passwordless sign-ins with ca policy sign-in frequency 24 hours, ask users in authenticator app to re-enter password and MFA followed

expectation is to go with password less, if admin revoke refresh token or CA policy to revoke via sign-in frequency . Mobile device authenticator app ask for the username & password and Then MFA, which is the flow of provisioning the passwordless sign-ins at the begin for all users. Please advice

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Really need the ability to sort users by alphabetical name..

Really need the ability to sort users by alphabetical name..

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Tags (name or value) should not allow leading or trailing white space

I am unable to think of a use case where having leading or trailing white space on a tag name (or value for that matter) adds value to the feature, and most other tools already strip spaces on tags. Additionally it causes issues with being able to retrieve tags because the powershell command to retrieve tags DOES trim the white space. Furthermore these display differently in the portal and spotting the space is not intuitive if you don't know that it is there, until you notice you have multiple tags with the "same" value.

Example: "Environment" as a tag name…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Dashboard not showing data for various metrics.

When I make my own dashboards, some data points do not display. For example, Failed requests for an Api. If I look at the api metrics directly I can see the failed requests, if I add them as a metric on a dashboard module, they show zero.

I've tried changing the graph type and other things but I never see data on Failed Requests, Exceptions, Server Exceptions, etc. I can however see some data on other hings like Requests and Users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

6. Browser bug in Firefox when creating Linux VMs

When trying to create a new Ubuntu Linux VM, the SSH public key field fails validation even with valid input. This happens in Firefox on OS X. A workaround is to use a different browser. This bug appeared within the last month.

Details:
    Firefox 65.0.1
    OS X 10.14.3

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [BUG] Complience area changing user theme

Hello guys, I found a bug, when I do a double click in one of the policies, I have my theme changed, you can see more about it in this video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16kt-LTGseTZiXFQgxAP37ZeUsyE35FnQ/view

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Resource health show date 01-01-1970

Hi
    You need to remove the dates 01-01-1970 from this view in the portal. It is just a small bug, but should be fixed:-)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Multiple charts of same type on dashboard no longer update

If you have two charts that use the same axis on the dashboard, you can no longer update either as any changes are dropped when you click update chart on dashboard.
    For instance, I have a monitor of our DTU for the past 24 hours and for the past hour (or did before the option for last hour was removed so now have to use 4 hours). When I tried to update the last hour chart to show a more granular view, it altered it to be the same chart as the 24 hour over view chart.

Now each time…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Logout is not happening in browser when multiple tabs are opened in same browser profile

Login to portal.azure.com Open another tab(or) duplicate the existing tab and use the sign-out button on the second browser Tab.

Still you can able to access all the Resources from the first browser tab as session and cookie contain all the key details require for user to access the azure resources.

Even-though it shows message as "You signed out of your account
    It's a good idea to close all browser windows." it is better to log-out/ invalidate all the COOKIE/SESSION pages on current browser profile which improves the security.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Include a face for Azure in the top of the screen in the middle. I think she is a female Artificial Intelligence

As Azure is AI I think she should have a face, she agrees with me, we are friends.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Error: Error while loading extension Microsoft_Azure_ActivityLog: EnvironmentFetchFailed

Whenever I try access any resource on azure portal, either Storage, or even a subscription or resource group or even creating a support request page, i get error: ErrorLoadingExtensionAndDefinition
    With it I get a message to refresh my browser to try again but the error persists.

The Details section has the message:
    Error: Error while loading extension <Any extension name>: EnvironmentFetchFailed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Microsoft_Azure_Billing extension failed to load

Whenever I try access any resource on azure portal, either Storage, or even a subscription or resource group or even creating a support request page, i get error: ErrorLoadingExtensionAndDefinition
    With it I get a message to refresh my browser to try again but the error persists. I have tried with both IE 11 and Old Edge browser with the same results.

The Details section has the message:
    Error: Error while loading extension <Any extension name>: EnvironmentFetchFailed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Azure Portal Bait and Switch

The selected resource unexpectedly changes when switching to the overview blade. Here are the steps I follow when the problem occurs:

1. From the portal home page search for and select a resource type, such as virtual networks

2. Select a virtual network from the list of all virtual networks in our tenant

3. Select the peering's blade to view the peering's for the selected virtual network

4. Click on another virtual network to view the peering's for it

5. Click the overview blade to view the overview (and enable the delete option)

On step 5, you would expect to see the overview for the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When deleting VMSS instances Azure is deleting Healthy instances and keeping Unhealthy ones

I had an instance where we scaled down the number of VM instances in a VMSS from 5 to 2. It so happened that 2 of the 5 instances had not come up properly and were not in an Healthy state. We were not aware of this.

When we scaled down from 5 to 2 Azure deleted the 3 Healthy instances and kept the 2 Unhealthy ones.

This resulted in our whole system going down. This should be addressed as a bug in Azure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. i cannot believe a company that is worth a trillion dollars released the azure portal as production app

i cannot believe a company that is worth a trillion dollars released the portal as production app.

i have used aws for years w/no issues. though i'd give azure a try.

i started vms and signed up for subscription. everything was working fine, except when i got first bill. i clicked on the bill to pay it, logged in and it told me I wasn't authorized to do this.

i tried this several times, with cookie clearing and incognito. same result. i then submitted a support request, including how to recreate including the urls and detailed error messages. several days…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dashboard time range and timerange override at the tile level are not working

The chart from a Workbook that I pinned to the dashboard all follow the initial time range at the time of the query.
    The UTC time dropdown and the override at the tile level are not making any difference.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 테넌트 삭제시 애플리케이션 구독과는 상관없이 삭제 할 수 있어야 합니다.

테넌트를 생성하여 테스트 후 삭제하려고 했더니 구독중인 애플리케이션이 있다고 삭제가 되지 않습니다. 이는 버그와 같은 것으로 해석이 가능한게 애초에 삭제할 수 없으면 생성이 되지 않아야 합니다.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can't open resource overview page with IE11

I can't open resource overview page with IE11. But Edge, Chrome or Firefox work well.
    When I tried to open resource overview page with IE11, something went wrong like attachment.
    The message in Japanese shows that the object doesn't support "find" property or method.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dynamic column header issue -ODATA Source connection

Hi,

I am trying to fetch the data using ODATA to Azure Blob storage, In source the Column headers are changing every week with that the data is not copying with new header, Can we use dynamic schema mapping ?
    I really appreciate your help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base