Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Easier way to register new resource types

A resource type (VM, Recovery Services, SQL database, etc.) must first be created once and registered in the subscription by a subscription admin. When using ARM with delegation these subscription level rights are not a given. Need an easier way to request this initial registration of a resource when somebody fails or before as part of a new request check, and the admin/owner be able to register this resource without having to actually deploy it once. Something of an approval workflow or a list of all available resources where I can just check the ones to be available and registered…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Maybe display the price of a resource next to it while provisioning it through the portal!

I have no clue while creating a resource group, how much it is going to cost and how much each item is adding to the cost. Some pricing policies have been revised so many times, that it is extremely difficult to maintain track. please make this easier!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Review Template Deployment button

On the Azure portal when using the template deployment I would like there to be a button to review what is about to be created.

Once inputting the template and parameters, you should be able to click the review button, the UI will then go through the template and show you exactly what it will create, including the resources within copy.

You should also be able to go through the template and see how variables have expanded.

You could even highlight where things do not make sense, like linking NICs to VMs that do not exist

This would help as…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Don't recommend pricing tier

When I am creating a new VM or web app, the Azure Portal always recommends different tiers, but what tier I need really depends on what I am doing, making the recommendations useless. Consider removing. It just creates an extra click every time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show the number of ongoing deployments

The classic portal did this and it was a nice way to see when a deployment was finished. For example, if I'm adding multiple firewall rules I have to keep expanding the notifications dropdown to see whether the previous rule change has finished deploying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow creation of Favorite list of "choose a size" in the same way as you have "Recommended" sizes

It will help during VM creation as users will be able to pick their frequently used VM size. You have a "Recommended" link that shows recommended VM sizes. so, add "Favorites" that will show all favorite sizes to user to pick from. This will need adding option to allow adding a Size as favorite.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Interactive region map on azure portal

Lets add interactive region selection from world map instead from drop down. For example, I wanted to choose the Location for my new web app, It is more easy for me to choose from map then going thru the list. Please refer the attached file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We used to have a map, but opted to simplify the flow to the dropdown you see today. We can do this, if it’s a popular request. Do you expect a map to make it easier/quicker to get thru the form? Are you trying to select the nearest location to you? The more details you have, the better :-)

8. Production and Staging can have different color

if production and staging can have different color it can reduce release to wrong deployment

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Password generation (ORIGINAL: Генерация пароля)

TRANSLATED:
    Add to your portal password generation in the place where you want to enter a password when registering the application.

ORIGINAL:
    Добавьте на портал возможность генерации пароля в месте где нужно вводить пароль при регистрации приложения.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. ability to select virtual machine location (country) instead of the area (East US, East Asia, etc)

ability to select virtual machine location (country) instead of the area (East US, East Asia, etc) when creating a new virtual machine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add links to docs/schemas in the Resource Explorer

I am using the sample templates and resource explorer to guide me building relative simple template from a group out team have deployed. To me, it is a very difficult even a simple resource group, as I cannot find documents of the template for the services, not mention the description of each properties defined in the template.
    Maybe you can check how AWS document their CloudFromation. It is easy to search and read, and with samples associate with each of their service (called resource type). It is much easier to follow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We can do this, if it’s a popular request, but it would only apply the very first time you create something in the portal. After you create one resource, we remember the location for all future resources. Let us know if you aren’t seeing this somewhere.

13. When creating a new resource, each resource should have an info badge to learn more about that resource

A Mobile, Logic, or Web app for instance. If you want to learn more, if you have to open a new page and look around for the information yourself. Provide easy links on each resource to find out more, not just configure/set up a new instance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base