Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

How can the Azure portal be improved?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Resource Group Template parameter validation

With so many different naming limitations between different object types, we need a way to validate parameters before submitting for deployment. An added bonus would be to allow us our own custom validation operations. Please note I am referring to parameter fields in the portal; not variables.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

unplanned  ·  3 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Really important PREVIEW items

IT would be really useful to have a POP up message or an ATTENTION MARK with more details whenever someone wants to create a resource in Azure which is in PREVIEW --> lots of people are creating preview items for production which should not be the case!
    thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  1 comment  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow the template to be downloaded from the portal even if validation or policy fails

Currently, when creating a resource in the portal, if template validation fails (for example, due to an Azure Policy Deny rule, or lack of permissions to a related resource), the link to download the template is not provided. Teams who do not have a mature CI/CD pipeline will often use the portal to generate a basic template that they can use. Validation/Policy errors should not block the ability to download said template, especially considering that the user may know what the fix is and need to make that fix within the template itself because there's no way to do it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Deployment Template save online

The Deployment Template isn't saved online!!!
    Everyone time I restart browser I have to type it again!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use my context for create actions

When im in a resource group and click new something there is a really good chance i want to create that new thing in the subscription and resource group that im currently in. Why does the portal default to some other subscription and RG. When im done creating a new object in a resource group why does it take me out of that resource group and go back to the home page? I would save so much time is the portal would respect the context i already set by navigating to a location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to browse for existing resources when entering parameters in Resource Group Template

It would be nice to allow browsing for an existing network/subnet (in different resource groups) or storage account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Destroying created resources in case of template deployment fails

This is about template deployment. If it fails because of some error then it must destroy the components of that deployment. This is not the case at this moment. It is creating VCN, Storage, NSG, RSG and so on but failed while creating VMs. I can see rest of the resources in cloud except VMs. In my opinion this should not be the case. If everything goes well then all resources must get create or else none of it.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base