Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Resource Group Template parameter validation

With so many different naming limitations between different object types, we need a way to validate parameters before submitting for deployment. An added bonus would be to allow us our own custom validation operations. Please note I am referring to parameter fields in the portal; not variables.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

unplanned  ·  4 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Toggle to disable deallocation of domain controller VMs in Azure Portal

I'm mainly concerned about my domain controllers VMs. I would like to put the equivalent of a lock on these VMs to prevent them from being deallocated because if they are ever stopped through the Azure portal there are serious consequences such as those listed in this article: https://www.petri.com/best-practices-domain-controller-vms-azure

For instance,
    The AD DS database is reset
    The RID pool is discarded
    SYSVOL is marked as non-authoritative

We had an incident recently where both of my domain controller VMs had been deallocated for a short time after the domain had been created. This caused them to stop replicating the SYSVOL…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Easier deployment and updating multiple apps in Intune

I want to deploy the same applications (e.g. OneDrive) to multiple platforms - Android for Business, Android, and iOS. Currently, this requires creating, configuring, and assigning a separate application for each one. With many applications, this becomes very time consuming and pointless. I would like to see either a way to combine multiple "deployment types" for each platform into one application to assign to users, or at least a way to bulk assign these applications so updating group assignment is not so cumbersome.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Easier way to register new resource types

A resource type (VM, Recovery Services, SQL database, etc.) must first be created once and registered in the subscription by a subscription admin. When using ARM with delegation these subscription level rights are not a given. Need an easier way to request this initial registration of a resource when somebody fails or before as part of a new request check, and the admin/owner be able to register this resource without having to actually deploy it once. Something of an approval workflow or a list of all available resources where I can just check the ones to be available and registered…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Database/VM size on the right top of the performence metrics

We rely mainly on the Azure dashboard for monitoring and It will be very useful for us to have database sizes on the metrics

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Auto tag "CreatedBy" for object as it is created.

Auto tag "CreatedBy" with user id, for object as it is created. via portal or ARM templates (open to turn this feature on/off)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. VNET peering across tenants

Please add ability to peer vnets across tenants for large enterprises that would like to pool DMZ defenses in one place while keeping organizations structure separate ( from a Microsoft Enrollment perspective...ie , different tenant ID for each sub organisation)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. App Service without IIS on Windows

If an application does not use ASP.NET or IIS it's completely unclear how to run an application that simply listens to a port.

Provide a mechanism to just specify a port using an environment variable and a way to start and stop it.

No IIS handler monkey business.

Managed SSL termination and HTTP/2 should work with the proposed solution.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Performance improve

My suggestion is to improve performance wise. Deploying or publishing a website or application in Azure, Its very much time consuming. Users suffer a lot for that. Kindly, take this feedback into consideration. Because we shouldn't give dissatisfaction to user. Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. redirection in DNS

Allow redirection of domains and sub-domains to another location. For domains which are just being camped and are not in active use it would be useful to be able to redirect traffic to these to another destination.

Many DNS hosts offer a redirection service and/or a holding page which is not strictly DNS service but it is a useful extra when a domain is not an actual live destination.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Rollback virtual machine

During encryption of virtual machine, there was no ability to rollback unless you backup the disk, delete the virtual machine, create a new one with the same properties and import the disk. A simple button that performs this would be far more reliable/user friendly.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Need to install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable on Azure website service server.

install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable missing on your server. we are facing error: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. MPN account owner versus Microsoft Action Pack Azure Subscription owner

MPN accounts have to be created using a personal Microsoft ID as owner. But the MPN Microsoft Action Pack based Azure subscription must have a better process that requires granting Global Admin role to the first Azure AD account to be created using the domain name of the Partner Vendor Company setup by the MPN account owner. This should be done as an onboarding process for enabling the Azure subscription for the company domain name based user ID and not the MPN owner's personal Microsoft ID. It will avoid a lot of support calls and reprovisioning.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allowing Pausing of a Subscription and Copying

Would be nice to be able to suspend or pause a whole resource group or a subscription. So we can do advanced setups for projects and POC. For us we provide managed services for Internal and external companies, so would be beneficial to display Billing and Suspend the whole area for non payment or if the project not fully approved and funded. Also a cop feature of either resource group or Subscription.

So Ideally For EA, Allow Clients to be able to create linked subscriptions, allow copy and pausing of the Whole subscriptions.

I suppose could do the same with…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Maybe display the price of a resource next to it while provisioning it through the portal!

I have no clue while creating a resource group, how much it is going to cost and how much each item is adding to the cost. Some pricing policies have been revised so many times, that it is extremely difficult to maintain track. please make this easier!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Review Template Deployment button

On the Azure portal when using the template deployment I would like there to be a button to review what is about to be created.

Once inputting the template and parameters, you should be able to click the review button, the UI will then go through the template and show you exactly what it will create, including the resources within copy.

You should also be able to go through the template and see how variables have expanded.

You could even highlight where things do not make sense, like linking NICs to VMs that do not exist

This would help as…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Don't recommend pricing tier

When I am creating a new VM or web app, the Azure Portal always recommends different tiers, but what tier I need really depends on what I am doing, making the recommendations useless. Consider removing. It just creates an extra click every time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Create + deployments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New Function: Export resource group as terraform file.

It should be possible to export a current resource group deployment as a terraform file, azure cli statements or azure powershell statements.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

19. VM Selection Filter that shows the VMs with Accelerated Networking.

For the workloads I am working with, almost all of them require Accelerated Networking. There is no easy way to find this unless you select an VM that does not via script and then parse the error message. Allowing this via the portal would make this so much easier.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Need virtual KVM console to manage a VM outside of networking.

Need virtual KVM console within the Azure portal to manage a VM outside of Networking\Rdp. It is very frustrating not being able to access a Virtual Machine unless it has networking. In Hyper V I use this feature all the time on VMs without networking.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base