Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fullscreen Query String Option on Dashboards

Allow a query string option for invoking full screen on a dashboard. This would be used to automate the display of full screen dashboards in a rotating manner.

The current implementation of "Fullscreen" allows for a user to click a button to invoke full screen. However, in automation systems that rotate screens the option is lost and not easily invoked. Please add an additional option to automatically invoke via query string similar to Power BI and other services.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

unplanned  ·  17 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customize color of metric graphs pinned to Dashboard

We use multiple dashboards extensively on large walled displays for operational center-like monitoring of key diagnostics to visualize servers and services.

The latest improvement to Azure Monitor and the metric graphs that are pinned to a dashboard are a great improvement, but the color-scheme of the chart lines and the legend of performance counters are now making harder to see key information.

Please add support to customize the color of each series line in a chart and also to customize the text of the series in the legend to be more legible.

Refer to the attached screenshot of a portion…

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  5 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create custom tiles

Now we have the option to create custom dashboards with tiles organized by related resources or team, Allowing us to create CustomTiles to customize our dashboards will improve the dashboard experience.

Our application use some administration pages to monitor application internal events like:
    Customer Registration, Customers Online, Notifications, etc.

If we could provide a json file or fill a form with all configurations needed to render the tile like:
    Type: Standard(icon and name), Chart(donnut, bar, etc)
    Tile Title
    Icon: Icon Url
    DataSource: Url that return a series of data to fill a Chart or for example the number of connected…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Refresh button for Azure dashboard

At present there is no way to refresh a table for eg. a table showing containers in a particular storage. I ran my script to add containers to a storage. Now I have to refresh the whole page to check is it was created or not. Same is the case with instances and most of the tables.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  6 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Consume an Azure Dashboard from a Sharepoint page

A customer would like to consume some Azure Dashboards from a Sharepoint page. It would be great to have kind of an Azure connector or a way to add the Azure Dashboard using the Embed Web Part.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dashboard tile auto arrangements

The locations of the tiles on the dashboard can easily become a mess. It would be great to have the same experience as in Windows 8 with the start screen (automatic tile arrangement, preview of the new tile arrangement when moving tiles, etc.).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Tie dashboards to user, not directory

I manage multiple subscriptions across directories. When I log into Azure I want to see, at a glance:
    1) a dashboard where I can put production services from all directories I am part of, so I can see *all* systems' status info without opening multiple tabs
    2) a dashboard where I can put dev/test service info from an MSDN subscription in our organization's directory, right next to production service info from our client's directory

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support for paging on tiles

Taking the Billing tile on the dashboard: the billing information is being automatically cycled between the subscriptions, but it would be good if the user could just cycle between them or pause the auto-cycling.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Either add an 8x4 or a 3x4

With the widgets on the screen I want to be able to have a large graph and then smaller graphs underneath it. With a 6x4 on top, I can't put (2) graphs beneath it and have it line up. Either make it so the large graph can be 8x4, or the smaller graphs 3x2. Personally I'd go with the 8x2

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow me to select my default dashboard---or at least save the last one used

Every time I log in, it keeps going to some generic empty dashboard now after making the apparent-in-hindsight mistake of making my own public. No amount of cloning, un-publicizing, etc gets me my old default dashboard back again, and there is no way to copy the contents of the dashboard I WANT into the empty one that I keep logging into.

So, please make a way for us to set our default dashboard, or at the very least save the last dashboard used and default to that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dashboard time/timezone

I want to make a suggestion for the Azure dashboard feature.

I generally like this feature and it is very useful for me but there is a suggestion regarding UI which can be improved.

The time/timezone feature can be aligned with the other buttons Fullscreen, Clone, Delete like on the picture.

This modification can provide even much more space on the dashboard so the customers can put more pieces of information.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. dashboard

Create a dashboard tile that can show a policy compliance score for a given resource group. Score please, not tumbnail image.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dashboard Input Fields

I would like to be able to add input fields to dashboards that can be applied to the charts. A basic input field may be a dropdown (ideally dynamic). For instance, if I had a chart showing CPU% for a specific VM then I would like to be able to switch to a different VM through a dropdown field. Similar to how Splunk has implemented this feature. https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/Buildandeditforms

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Honor the Dark color theme setting across all Azure pages

Some Azure pages expose a theme setting (e.g., Light, Dark), which is great. But when using the Dark theme, many Azure pages use a Light theme instead. (E.g., this feedback page and even the Azure search page don't honor the Dark theme.) This creates a visually straining, high-contrast experience that is the opposite of what the Dark theme is typically trying to achieve.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When hovering over the tile 'all resources' a pop-up with brief description would be handy

The tiles already tell me whether it is a virtual machine of virtual network however especially in the beginning, when I'm new to Azure. The tiles aren't always clear to me. So a brief pop-up with the description would be handy. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to integrate OMS solutions with Azure Dashboard

Hey Guys,

This is great thing that OMS portal is migrating within Azure portal but I am little excited about OMS dashboard, what if we can add solutions which we have enabled in log analytics with Azure dashboard and that would be great place to monitor all in one view . Currently I can't see the any log analytic solution that integrated with Dashboard view. Thanks

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base