Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow pinned tile configuration to include label customization

Customization options for pinned tiles are limited to size. In order to help create a more task-drive friendly environment, allowing renaming of tiles would be very helpful. For instance rather that have 4 tiles say "Site Settings" for my sites, allow me to label them so I can distinguish them.

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support setting default Dashboard and sorting of the dashboards

Allow people to set the default Azure Portal dashboard and also provide sorting within the dashboard dropdown.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add more information to the tiles

There's a lot of wasted space inside the tiles.
    For example, in a virtual machine tile, you could add the current public and local IP and the status (executing/stopped).

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tile background color

It would be useful if we could assign a background color to tiles. This could be used in visualizing/categorizing services, customers or various deployment stages. Imagination really.

See attached screenshot.
    Mabye as a start?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Email / name in menu bar

Allow to choose between email address or full name in the portal in the top menu bar

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ensure existing functionality is not lost with updates.

For example up until very recently there were a number of tiles on the Web App blade that were extremely useful, such as the "Active Deployment" tile showing the status of a build. Being able to pin this tile from several different web apps to the dashboard and projecting the dashboard on the wall for the dev team to see was very useful. Now we have to wade through the blades of different apps to see what is happening with builds, preventing us seeing all that we need to at once.

An example of a useful sysadmin tile is the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Azure Dasboard templates for VM's,SQL databases,DWH,VNetworks,Storage etc

azure dashboard templates for different sources like define above is helpful monitoring performance and integrate many other thing like azure security and future resource forecasting for storage network and DWH units,disks etc it's very helpful for many system and db admins.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. An undo feature for the dashboard

Today I made an unintentional change to the size of my resources tile on the dashboard. Despite closing the browser window without hitting the Done button, the change remains.

Though I attempted to re-pin the resources item to the dashboard it remains in the smaller size.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow custom blades to be created in the portal

Would like to be able add custom blades to the portal? I mean, something like a custom REST call/query, JSON config based, and/or eventually (ideally) some custom code or PS script? It may help a lot to fill some gaps every one of us tempt to find in the portal.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dashboard - Adding Calender Option

In the Dashboard area, adding a Calendar would be very helpful. Also allowing to add the events to it and reminders will be valuable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Custom images on tiles

I'm getting used to use my dashboard. And after organizing my graphs and tiles it has become my entry point to everything I do.

However, -We quickly end up with lots tiles for VM's, Web apps and other resources. It's good that I can resize and group them, but as they all look the same it's kind of difficult to set them apart.

I believe that if you could upload and set custom images on your tiles, it would make it easier to find and more personal.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow multi-tasking

Currently, I can only monitor one resource at a time. It would be great if I could monitor more than one on the same screen, without having to switch back and forth.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Copy/Template an instance of dashboard tile layout of services such as SQL Databases, VM's, App Services etc allowing to other instances

When using the portal for monitoring purposes one would generally add a number of standard metrics to the dashboard of a service such as a SQL Database. More often than not you have multiple databases and would like all of these to have the same dashboard layout. It would be great to be able to create your dashboard of tiles on one instance service (in this case database) and then create a template which can then be applied to other instances of services (databases) that might be created in the future without having to go the instance of the service…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add item to Left side menu called "Dashboard"

When I pin items to the dashboard I don't see them anywhere. Where is this mystical dashboard anyway?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dashboard editing - versioning - undo

Implement Dashboard versioning. It is so easy to delete something on the dashboard when you are customising it. With the new sharing feature I can see more people able to customise it. Would be great to have a version control to track who did the modifications and also to rollback if needed. Worth case would be an undo feature when you edit and remove something by mistake. At the moment the only option available when you update a dashboard is 'Done Customising'

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Selecting a subscription is not intuitive.

I had to spend some time to find out how to select a subscription. Selecting a subscription to work on is not intuitive. Once I select a subscription, that subscription name is not displayed anywhere.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make " pin to dashboard a default". All items should be pinned to dashboard

Make " pin to dashboard a default". All items should be pinned to dashboard. VERY USEFUL!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. cost for vm or resource on tiles, this was available for classic vms but not when i create resource manager vms

cost for vm or resource on tiles, this was available for classic vms but not when i create resource manager vms

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More available layouts for tiles on the Dashboard

Allow for a 1x2, 1x4, etc. tile setup. I cannot currently even get back to the original layout of the Resources tile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base