Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A notes widget for the main dashboard would be nice

Just an idea, not a major want, but it would be nice to have a notes widget to set reminders to do things.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dashboard: customize area with names

Would help a great deal if I could create areas within one dashboard and apply a custom name to each area.
    Typically when I want to group VMs or Storages like Windows VM and Linux VM, Storage for Prod etc...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. STOP PROPERTY

I am not sure if it exist, but would be nice to have a central point where the user can see which app/devices/resources are running and had the chance to stop them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There is no option to create more than one Virtual machine via portal, AWS has this option were we can enter instance count

There is no option to create more than one Virtual machine via portal, AWS has this option were we can enter instance count in the launch instance portal

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Portal Menu Expanded

I want ability to have the portal menu on the left expanded all the time (so I can see the words). The icons are too many to memorize what they are.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can you guys make it easier to delete resources? thanks

Can you guys make it easier to delete resources? Like when I delete a virtual machine, I want that resource group to be deleted as well thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add LOCKS to the Column to the List

Add the LOCKS field to the Column lists so I can add that view to my virtual machines view. I have 100 Virtual machines and there isn't a quick view I can use to see which VMs are protected and which VMs are not, I have to open each VM and look at locks, or I have to name each lock different so I can figure out which one is protected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. microsoft store app

Create win10 app for status dashboard. including billing and linkages directly into the azure portal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. change chart in my event hub - use english for labels

My event hub usage chart is not in english

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bring back simplicity of VM wizard menus

The new portal is great for showing what's going on with our VMs, however, every time I want to configure it, it seems like the process is either x10 or x100 times harder.

In the classic portal, setting up endpoints was easy. Now? No idea!

As a software engineer who just wants VMs up and running in no time, the classical Azure portal made life easy. Please bring these configuration features back.

I understand that server engineers will love the scripting part of it, but the vast majority of us don't fit into this speciality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Visual state (running/stopped) when a VM tile is 1x1

It would be great if I could resize my VM tiles to 1x1, but still be able to check what VMs are running or stopped from there. Maybe changing the icon color to light gray when stoped, and blue when running

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please Avatar or Pic Upload right side e-mail adress in Azure

Please Avatar or Pic Upload right side e-mail adress in Azure Konto

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make " pin to dashboard a default". All items should be pinned to dashboard

Make " pin to dashboard a default". All items should be pinned to dashboard. VERY USEFUL!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. cost for vm or resource on tiles, this was available for classic vms but not when i create resource manager vms

cost for vm or resource on tiles, this was available for classic vms but not when i create resource manager vms

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. More available layouts for tiles on the Dashboard

Allow for a 1x2, 1x4, etc. tile setup. I cannot currently even get back to the original layout of the Resources tile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Azure portal and igoogle

Could azure portal work just like google portal where i can import form my emails or go through emails such as Hotmail or Gmail

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable a "Folder"-type tile

We are an organization that creates a lot of webservices and storage accounts, and all. And it currently is a mess to navigate between all the webservices and their respective add-ons.
    Why should a webservice and one of its add-ons should be 2 separate tiles on the dashboard ? And to make navigation easier, why couldn't we create "Folders" in the dashboard to help organizing our numerous tiles ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Azure Service Bus Topic and Queue Dashboard

It would be great to have Dashboard tiles that allowed for Grid data to be displayed like the "User Counter" tile in the out of the box dashboard.

We have teams that would like to see the inbound number of messages on a Topic, the queue count and then the subscriber count. Something like the Queue and Topic counters and graphs. However on a Dashboard with the ability to choose which bits they see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Alert dashboard (i.e. 'all alerts') does not correctly show updated status. Refresh does not help either. :(

This feels really a bit off - drilling into the individual rules shows the correct monitor condition and alert state, but the overview dashboard does not update correctly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Rename "Restore" in Azure SQL to something else

The word "restore" and the explanation associated with the restore process, e.g. "SQL database is being restored in resource group *****." gives the incorrect notion that the existing SQL database's contents are being modified to a previous point in time, when really a copy is being created. Restore is not the correct word for this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base