Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dashboard time/timezone

I want to make a suggestion for the Azure dashboard feature.

I generally like this feature and it is very useful for me but there is a suggestion regarding UI which can be improved.

The time/timezone feature can be aligned with the other buttons Fullscreen, Clone, Delete like on the picture.

This modification can provide even much more space on the dashboard so the customers can put more pieces of information.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Replace the old View Designer from OMS

Hi,
    With the decommissioning of OMS, the View Designer is also gone. There is no other easy way to design dashboards in the portal at this moment. When will the replacement for the View Designer be available??
    Cheers, BartT

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bring back old Application Insights tiles

Old Application Insights metric tiles were very convenient. There was no need to write queries for most metrics.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Azure Policy: Use policy to limit options surfaced in portal

If my policy only allows D series VMs, then when I get to the SKU selection blade during VM creation or resize, I should only see the allowed options.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. VM Screenshots

How about a screen shot of your VM while running? On the overview screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. realtime activity tab

Hello Team,

It will be very useful and interesting if you add realtime activity tab at the bottom of page on Azure portal , which should appear as soon as an operation is triggered . For example Deletion of resource , using with user can get the feedback of the operation triggered on the same page .

Regards

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It's hard to use the management portal to scroll sideways. Only vertical scrolling is needed.

It's hard to use Azure management portal to scroll sideways. Only vertical scrolling is better.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Delete Azure account button, in the setting :).

The user should be able to easily delete/disable the Azure account without support, cause support isn't helping.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Personal data

Add to the end the ability to delete your credit card details, or this simple action turns into a whole problem. Why can not everything be simplified, why complicate everything.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Custom Dashboard usability can be improved.

Would like to have the following options,
    1. Pin resource to a specific dashboard.
    2. Copy/Move pinned item / Tile from one dashboard to another dashboard

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Graphical representation.

Need to create visual graphical representation connectivity of the components created
    ex: Vnet is component in which subnet is sub component, in subnet we have VM's like wise.
    In simple architect diagram should come up, while creating and linking the components.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please make azure languages setup/changes easily accessible

Jep/pvlr192403041983YukdsD9aswiTUQ3/a0gN70==1811198805081957

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Refresh button on the Azure Dashboard for All Resources

There is a refresh option for Resource Groups but not for All Resources. Can we have a refresh option for All Resources as well?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Simplified Azure dashboard

The current Azure user dashboard is way too complicated to navigate and understand it.
    Even doing simple things is not really clear there.
    Only makes sense to use cli for now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Portal: AllResources View, add a field for status "running/stopped"

Portal: AllResources View, add a field for status "running/stopped" => Users need to see that run-state of their resources in one place, especially if they have many resources to manage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Customize favorites for each dashboard

I would love to have customized menu favorites for each dashboard. I currently manage multiple subscriptions where each subscription uses different services. For example, one project uses IaaS while another project is mostly PaaS.

Each dashboard should have its own set of menu favorites. That way, I can get access to all relevant resources as I switch dashboards. When I switch to the IaaS project's dashboard, I should see the VM, Disk, and Network favorites. If I switch to the PaaS project's dashboard, the favorites should switch to Service Bus, Svc Fabric, SQL DB.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A notes widget for the main dashboard would be nice

Just an idea, not a major want, but it would be nice to have a notes widget to set reminders to do things.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dashboard: customize area with names

Would help a great deal if I could create areas within one dashboard and apply a custom name to each area.
    Typically when I want to group VMs or Storages like Windows VM and Linux VM, Storage for Prod etc...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. STOP PROPERTY

I am not sure if it exist, but would be nice to have a central point where the user can see which app/devices/resources are running and had the chance to stop them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base