Azure portal

The Azure Portal a central place where you can provision, manage and monitor your Azure resources. From the Azure Portal you can create any of the thousands of items within the Azure Marketplace, you can quickly navigate to resources and accomplish your administrative needs, and you can build custom shareable dashboards to provide live insights into your deployed resources.

To gain early access to our latest features please make sure to visit the preview portal.
Preview.portal.azure.com is our early release soon to be in production.

Have any ideas or feature requests? We would love to hear your feedback! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to stay up to date on our latest updates @AzurePortal

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Either add an 8x4 or a 3x4

With the widgets on the screen I want to be able to have a large graph and then smaller graphs underneath it. With a 6x4 on top, I can't put (2) graphs beneath it and have it line up. Either make it so the large graph can be 8x4, or the smaller graphs 3x2. Personally I'd go with the 8x2

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add automatic refresh for Application Insights queries (tables) pinned to Azure Dashboard

According to Microsoft documentation there is automatic refresh for charts pinned to Azure Dashboard.

But there is no any automatic update applied for the table, moreover refresh button on the tile work only first time when you click on it.

It would be a lot more useful to have automatic refresh for all AI queries, doesn't matter of displaying format.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

4. refresh

Only the tiles that are generated by Application insights get auto refreshed properly. Charts created manually in the Logs are not able to be auto- refreshed, having a refresh button on the tile instead. Any one can help with this please?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. live billing usage

Whatever resources being used with a billing meter should help in analysis

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. kubernetes web ui

Embed kubernetes web ui (dashboard) in Azure portal for ACS/AKS

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Metrics

Some screens in the portal don't have direct URL access.

For example:
    Metrics per Instance (App Service plan)
    Which can now only be accessed via:
    - App Service
    - Diagnose and solve problems
    - Metrics per Instance (App Service Plan)

A direct URL accesses means I can bookmark it, as I want to maintain a "toolbelt" bookmarks folder for DevOps aspects of my app.

Can you please provide direct URL for these resources?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dashboard not deleting deleted resources

When I delete a reource group, it is not certain that the members of that resource group will be deleted from the dashboard. Even closing the window and opening a new portal does not necessarily remove all deleted objects.

I'm using the Chrome browser on Windows 10.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Customer Efficient DashBoard View for Billing Monitoring

In the Azure dashboard view, in addition to the "Name", "Resource Group", "Location" etc there should a column "Billing" which should display the real time billing amount during every page refresh. This should give user a more handy overview in terms of how much he / she is spending on which service.
    Just beside that there may be another check box just to disable / enable the service. If that exists, then one doesn't need to hover around each and every service to find the delete / disable / enable option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Custom titles for dashboard tiles

The default tile titles like "Total calls and errors today" don't say what resource the tile represents. Either add the resource or add a way to customize the title.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The restart button in virtual machine tab should ask for confirmation before restarting it immediately after pressing the button.

The restart button in virtual machine tab should ask for confirmation before restarting it immediately after pressing the button in new portal.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Delete dashboard with resource group

When doing a lot of demos I create new dashboards per event, training etc. and usually I create resources in the same resource group and put them on that dashboard.
    It would be nice to have an option to tie a dashboard to a resource group so when deleting the resource group it would also delete the dashboard.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Minimal Load on the browser.

When we are selling the idea of the cloud to customers, we are inferring to move all the computing to our cloud machines which can be accessed from machines with minimal load on them. To empower this idea, we have to even more reduce the number of scripts and files that load when we login to the azure portal, it should be accessible easily from a small configuration machine without hassles like Chromebooks and other tablets.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add More Colors on the Azure Dashboard.make it a bit more vibrant

Kindly add more colors to the Azure Dashboard. Make the Tiles more Lively with a bit of Animation while we hover on the tiles. Adding borders to different tiles as per the color chosen for the dashboard will make it more attractive and lively to work on.

Thanks
    Ramakrishnan Sakthivel

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to sort by time

Hi

I think it would be very useful to have the ability to sort the All Resources section by time created / last used etc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Copy/Template an instance of dashboard tile layout of services such as SQL Databases, VM's, App Services etc allowing to other instances

When using the portal for monitoring purposes one would generally add a number of standard metrics to the dashboard of a service such as a SQL Database. More often than not you have multiple databases and would like all of these to have the same dashboard layout. It would be great to be able to create your dashboard of tiles on one instance service (in this case database) and then create a template which can then be applied to other instances of services (databases) that might be created in the future without having to go the instance of the service…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add item to Left side menu called "Dashboard"

When I pin items to the dashboard I don't see them anywhere. Where is this mystical dashboard anyway?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dashboard editing - versioning - undo

Implement Dashboard versioning. It is so easy to delete something on the dashboard when you are customising it. With the new sharing feature I can see more people able to customise it. Would be great to have a version control to track who did the modifications and also to rollback if needed. Worth case would be an undo feature when you edit and remove something by mistake. At the moment the only option available when you update a dashboard is 'Done Customising'

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Selecting a subscription is not intuitive.

I had to spend some time to find out how to select a subscription. Selecting a subscription to work on is not intuitive. Once I select a subscription, that subscription name is not displayed anywhere.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow me to select my default dashboard---or at least save the last one used

Every time I log in, it keeps going to some generic empty dashboard now after making the apparent-in-hindsight mistake of making my own public. No amount of cloning, un-publicizing, etc gets me my old default dashboard back again, and there is no way to copy the contents of the dashboard I WANT into the empty one that I keep logging into.

So, please make a way for us to set our default dashboard, or at the very least save the last dashboard used and default to that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

unplanned  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboards + tiles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base